import playlist not working

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

jmikelong

import playlist not working

Post by jmikelong » Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm

Version 2251
I am trying to import a playlist to another portable installation. I have used the notepad replace function to change the drive designation. The rest of the address is the same ie. F:\MM Music\..... instead of I:\MM Music\..... I am using the Insert function, selecting the m3u file and importing. Nothing showed up as an imported playlist for 20 attempts. I finally got 1 file to import. UTF-8 encoding. I have tried ANSI also.

Peke

Re: import playlist not working

Post by Peke » Tue May 26, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi,
When you double click on M3U file or you drag and drop to MM5 do MM5 play it?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

jmikelong

Post by jmikelong » Wed May 27, 2020 1:39 pm

double clicking opens it in my MM 4. I have tried many times to drag and drop. I tried to drop on music in the tree. Playlists in the tree.
MM 5 has always been able to use insert to bring a m3u playlist into imported playlists. As I said before, out of 20+ attempts i was successful once. I am using notepad with no formatting. Which encoding will work to import a m3u text file.

I finally tried dropping the m3u file in the lower area of imported playlists. it brought the playlist in but I had to name it to save it. Totally different than just importing a bunch of m3u files and finding them in the imported playlists ready to go. What's up with that.

Thanks
Mike

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:40 pm

Is this still an issue with build 2259?

Try this:
1) Select a few files in MM5.
2) Right click > Send To > M3U/XSPF Playlist and save the file as M3U somewhere
3) Drag this file from File Explorer onto the Now Playing in MM5

Does that load the files? If it does then:
1) Open Add/Rescan Files, and use Options
2) Check that M3U is listed at Playlists format under Add
3) Scan the location where the Playlist is saved

This should have the Playlist under Playlists > Imported Playlists in the Media Tree. If this works you can retry with the Playlists you created. Make sure that the Paths on the Playlists are pointing to where the files actually are located. If using full Path (includes drive letter) this is easy to confirm, but when using relative Paths (no drive letter and starts in some folder) the Playlist file needs to be in specific location (relative to Paths on it) to have the files found on scanning.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)