Should I use MM5 beta or MM4 (June 2020)?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MusicMonky

Should I use MM5 beta or MM4 (June 2020)?

Post by MusicMonky »

Keep it simple...

Should I use MM5 beta or MM4 in June 2020?

When you say MM4. Can you recommend me a skin for 2K Displays please. The original skin does not satisfy me in 2020.

Thank you so much!
Lowlander

Re: Should I use MM5 beta or MM4 (June 2020)?

Post by Lowlander »

MM5 is in beta, but I've switched to it full time.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I am full time MM5 also
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I'm still using MM4 and will continue to for the foreseeable future.
At this point in time, MM5 doesn't offer me anything.
Will there ever be any add-ons for MM5? Just wondering. πŸ€”

I've been testing MM5 on a laptop, but that is all I intend to do for now.
Volny

Post by Volny »

I'm also wondering this. I'd be grateful if people could share a few words of their experience (eg. how MM5 has improved your experience, and/or what wasn't good enough yet and made you go back to MM4)
MusicMonky

Post by MusicMonky »

dypsis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:24 am I'm still using MM4 and will continue to for the foreseeable future.
At this point in time, MM5 doesn't offer me anything.
Will there ever be any add-ons for MM5? Just wondering. πŸ€”

I've been testing MM5 on a laptop, but that is all I intend to do for now.
Do you have a recommendation for a modern or nice MM4 skin. The original looks kind of bad with a 2K display nowadays. Maybe you can upload a screenshot from your setup. I would really appreciate that. Thank you!
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Hi, MusicMonky.
There are numerous skins in the skins section. Have a browse.
I am more concerned with layout and functionality than the look of skins, so I am not the best person to ask.
But here is my layout.

MusicMonky

Post by MusicMonky »

dypsis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:44 pm Hi, MusicMonky.
I am more concerned with layout and functionality than the look of skins, so I am not the best person to ask.
But here is my layout.

Thank you! Your MM is very good structured. I was not able to reproduce the list on the right. Do you have any addons or other additonal softwatre installed? Can you send me your config please :)
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

MusicMonky wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:19 am
dypsis wrote: ↑Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:44 pm Hi, MusicMonky.
Thank you! Your MM is very good structured. I was not able to reproduce the list on the right. Do you have any addons or other additonal softwatre installed? Can you send me your config please :)
The panel on the right is MonkeyRok.
It's very configurable.

The primary purpose of it is when you play a track, MonkeyRok will display the entire album and other relevant information related to the artist and album. You can right click on any track and Play Now, Play Next, Play Last etc. View Album, View Artist. You can view all sorts of statistics right in front of you depending on what you select in the MonkeyRok Options. Most played tracks by that artist, albums by that artist, albums featuring that artist. Date Added, Date Played. Rotate artwork. Many more options.

Volny

Post by Volny »

dypsis wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:49 pm The panel on the right is MonkeyRok.......................
Oooh, juicy! I can't believe I haven't come across MonkeyRok before! What skin are you using for MonkeyRok though? I use the same MM skin as you, but none of the MonkeyRok skins that MonkeyRoc shipped with look anything like your screenshot. Thanks.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Volny wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:49 pm
dypsis wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:49 pm The panel on the right is MonkeyRok.......................
Oooh, juicy! I can't believe I haven't come across MonkeyRok before! What skin are you using for MonkeyRok though? I use the same MM skin as you, but none of the MonkeyRok skins that MonkeyRoc shipped with look anything like your screenshot. Thanks.
The skins are MetroMonkey by DreadM. I think Metro comes with the MediaMonkey installation.
You can get many matching skins for MonkeyRok and Lyrics and Comment Viewer if you search and browse the Artwork section of this forum.
I have made it easy for you for the MetroMonkey skins.

I've packaged them all up in a zip file. Link below.
https://www.upload.ee/files/11864514/Me ... M.zip.html
Volny

Post by Volny »

thanks!
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dypsis wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:49 pm The panel on the right is MonkeyRok.
It's very configurable.

The primary purpose of it is when you play a track, MonkeyRok will display the entire album and other relevant information related to the artist and album. You can right click on any track and Play Now, Play Next, Play Last etc. View Album, View Artist. You can view all sorts of statistics right in front of you depending on what you select in the MonkeyRok Options. Most played tracks by that artist, albums by that artist, albums featuring that artist. Date Added, Date Played. Rotate artwork. Many more options.
Thanks for posting. It is encouraging to see that there is some add-on development activity for MM5. It seems all pretty much under the radar atm.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
MusicMonky

Post by MusicMonky »

dypsis wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:46 pm
Volny wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:49 pm
The skins are MetroMonkey by DreadM. I think Metro comes with the MediaMonkey installation.
You can get many matching skins for MonkeyRok and Lyrics and Comment Viewer if you search and browse the Artwork section of this forum.
I have made it easy for you for the MetroMonkey skins.

I've packaged them all up in a zip file. Link below.
https://www.upload.ee/files/11864514/Me ... M.zip.html
Merci!