Image Size and Lookup Image [#16805]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Image Size and Lookup Image [#16805]

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I was using Image Size in MM5 in Grid (by album) and wondering if artwork will not display properly or at all depending on what percentage you choose? I maxed out image size to 300% and noticed [for example] that Mariah Carey, #1's, artwork did not display at all. I used Lookup Image to choose another image. But, when I thought to check in MMA the album art was displaying properly despite not displaying in MM5. This made me think that maybe Image Size might affect how album art displays.
MiPi

Re: Image Size and Lookup Image

Post by MiPi »

Existing artwork should be displayed always, image size only changes displayed size, there is no reason for not displaying at larger size. Is it constantly reproducible with some track? If so, could you upload it for me and pm me link? Thanks.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

MiPi wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:17 am Existing artwork should be displayed always, image size only changes displayed size, there is no reason for not displaying at larger size. Is it constantly reproducible with some track? If so, could you upload it for me and pm me link? Thanks.
I tried it with All Tracks and using both List (by album) and Grid (by album). The album art was OK. But, of course, this is after I did Lookup Image. My point was maybe I should have checked the album art in MMA first, because that should indicate that the album art in MM5 was OK? If I come across something like this again in MM5, I will try to remember to do a screen grab.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

MiPi wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:17 am Existing artwork should be displayed always, image size only changes displayed size, there is no reason for not displaying at larger size. Is it constantly reproducible with some track? If so, could you upload it for me and pm me link? Thanks.
In MM5, I just tried image size at 200% and browsed under "Artist" view. There are many artist images that no longer display properly. I tried image size at 100% and 150% and everything is fine. Is this to be expected under "Artist" view? [As opposed to "Album" view] After a quick check at different sizes, it seems as if anything over 150% causes many "Artist" images to not display properly. Should this be a seperate thread?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

@Lowlander Should I start a new thread with this? I have no idea what the limits [if any] are using "Image Size" with Artist images vs Album.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Could you post screenshot of such wrong displaying?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

MiPi wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:28 am Could you post screenshot of such wrong displaying?
Thanks for getting back to me. [ I thought I should try again before responding ] I just tried image sizes of 200 and 300. For some reason, in Artist view, all images are displaying OK at the moment. In Windows 10, there is a app, Snip and Stretch, that I can use to capture. But, what images sites are OK here to use hre at MM? I really have not done much at all with posting images so far.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can check my Signature to see tutorial on how to add image to forum.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which build and could you maybe share a sample Album with Support?

Related: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16805
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:33 pm Which build and could you maybe share a sample Album with Support?

Related: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16805
Build 2259. I have not been able to replicate the image resizing issue. I am at 300% and have no display issues with Artists or Albums. But, I might take a look at the forum in Pete's signature and practice.
TheEmpathicEar

Re: Image Size and Lookup Image [#16805]

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Finally, here it is. Still don't know how to replicate. This just happened. Windows 10 Pro x64, MM5 Build 2259, Artist View, Image Size 300%
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It is strange and based on my tests Image that shows such image is not downloaded Cached so Link in Inspector points to invalid file, thus show Small Missing filen image.

I've FWD this to Devs.
Best regards,
Peke
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A debug log capturing this occurring is likely the best way to resolve: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I just updated MM5 to Build 2260. I am not sure if affects what I have been seeing with image resizing. I am still at 300% [as I posted above]. All is good under both Artist View and Album View.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Glad to hear that. Let us know if there is more problems like that.
Best regards,
Peke