Moving Music to my Music Collection with Auto Organize

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: Moving Music to my Music Collection with Auto Organize

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Most system cleaners can do that, but usually you need to disable a lot of other features to get only delete empty folders behavior.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Peke wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:59 pm Hi,
Most system cleaners can do that, but usually you need to disable a lot of other features to get only delete empty folders behavior.
Someone at the Foobar forum suggested this: https://www.jonasjohn.de/red.htm Have you heard of it?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I believe such a solution has been mentioned in the past on the forum. I don't know of any myself.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:21 am I believe such a solution has been mentioned in the past on the forum. I don't know of any myself.
I just got around to using it. I scanned: "D:\iPod\My Music". Default is that everything deleted goes to Recycle Bin. Grey folders will not be touched. Red folders will be deleted. Blue Folders are protected. Confusion in Various and Various Artist folders. "[1976] Wanted! The Outlaws" (Note: one space) is found under both of these two folders. But, only the one in Various is populated. I am taking this slow. Forgot the question. If I just delete all Red folders at once, what is the best way in MM5 to verify that everything is OK?
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

TheEmpathicEar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:20 pm
Lowlander wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:21 am I believe such a solution has been mentioned in the past on the forum. I don't know of any myself.
I just got around to using it. I scanned: "D:\iPod\My Music". Default is that everything deleted goes to Recycle Bin. Grey folders will not be touched. Red folders will be deleted. Blue Folders are protected. Confusion in Various and Various Artist folders. "[1976] Wanted! The Outlaws" (Note: one space) is found under both of these two folders. But, only the one in Various is populated. I am taking this slow. Forgot the question. If I just delete all Red folders at once, what is the best way in MM5 to verify that everything is OK?
EDIT: Real life has been getting in the way for the past few weeks. But, when I get around to doing this, I will need to do something in MM5 to verify afterwards.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I finally got around to using the above software: RED. After doing some spot checking, I let it do it's thing on my entire music collection. All deleted folders go to the recycle bin. Next, in MM5, I did a "Add/Rescan File to the library". This did not change anything. So, I assumed this is a good thing. Finally, I did a WiFi sync from MMA. This did mention some 63 tracks were updated. It did not specify which tracks were updated? Is it possible to find out? But, overall, I think I can empty the recycle bin in Windows?