MM5 window extends into other monitors when maximized [#16804]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

drakinite

Re: MM5 window extends into other monitors when maximized [#16804]

Post by drakinite »

If you have another program open on your second monitor (For example, a web browser), and then maximize MediaMonkey on the first monitor, there should be a black line extending into the second monitor, displaying over the other program. At least that's what I've been experiencing, and that's what the original post was about.

I did notice that sometimes bits of the UI showed up over that black line, but I didn't realize it was due to the window extending across both displays. I figured it wasn't worth including, because if the black bars were fixed, then the associated UI remnants would also be fixed. Sorry if I was unclear.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No black bars here, just a remnant of the window from before maximize.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Wow, that's... weird. Huh.
Well, maybe whatever fixes the UI remnants can also fix the black bars for me. It's weird, but it seems like this extending-into-other-displays problem is common with native apps that use Chromium. Discord and Slack have that issue— However, it's slightly different, because in their case the window itself is spread out larger than the display. (In Discord's case, I often see the unread markers on the left side of the screen cut off)
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then it maybe the underlying Chromium that has a bug, not MediaMonkey.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I'm sure it's possible to rectify it somehow, though, even if it is - Namely because Slack and Discord only extend a couple pixels at max, and it's not that bad. Maybe through the arguments/flags that Chromium takes when it's launched? Is that something that I'd be able to mess around with in my install files, as with all the frontend javascript? Or is the code that launches the initial Chromium window(s) compiled into an .exe?

I don't really mind if it takes a long time to fix, because there's half a million things on your guys' plate for MM5. But I'm happy that you listened to me and added it to the tracked issues. :heart: :slight_smile: