Logging out causes program memory error; plus 7 other bugs/suggestions! [#16763][#16764][#16234]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Logging out causes program memory error; plus 7 other bugs/suggestions! [#16763][#16764][#16234]

Post by Lowlander »

It's my understanding that Live Tiles will be killed by Microsoft.
drakinite

Re: Logging out causes program memory error; plus 7 other bugs/suggestions! [#16763][#16764][#16234]

Post by drakinite »

Ah, okay. That's not surprising, seeing as they aren't used much.
It is still possible to update the tile icon programmatically, however! (and it would probably be more stable than using live tiles)

First, the start menu shortcut to MM5 would have to be inside the AppData directory instead of the ProgramData directory, because modifying shortcut files that exist in ProgramData requires admin permissions. (For example: keep MM5 shortcuts in "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MediaMonkey 5" instead of where it currently resides, which is "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MediaMonkey 5")

After updating MediaMonkey.VisualElementsManifest.xml to the new logo file location and the new background color, all you have to do is modify the lastwritetime property of MediaMonkey 5.lnk to the current time, and Windows will automatically refresh the start menu tile.

I did it manually in PowerShell with this command:

Code: Select all

(ls "$env:appdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\MediaMonkey.lnk").lastwritetime = get-date
....I'm talking to developers, so you guys probably already know all this, don't you? Haha. :sweat_smile:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.