Disabling Wikipedia lookup? [#16815]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

camecamp

Disabling Wikipedia lookup? [#16815]

Post by camecamp »

I listen to a lot of obscure stuff and the Wikipedia results are mostly wrong, as are most of the other lookup results. I seem to have turned off Metadata lookup by going into the Metadata lookup tab under Library and unchecking everything, but I can't seem to turn off the Wikipedia results. I've gone through all of the tabs under Options. Does anyone know how to do this?

I tried going into View and unchecking Info Panel but that gets rid of everything and all I see is a list of tracks. I would like to see the album cover, the name of the artist, and the name of the album, and then the tracks in the browser view.

I would like to suggest a master checkbox to turn off all lookup completely, if one doesn't exist already.

I apologize if i have missed something but I have checked the forums and the context menus and can't find a way to do this.
drakinite

Re: Disabling Wikipedia lookup?

Post by drakinite »

Wait, I don't think I understand properly, if you want to disable all sources for metadata lookup, why do you still need to use Metadata Lookup? If you don't want to look it up online?

Ofc to be clear I understand that this is probably a bug, but I just don't understand your situation still
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can I ask you for screenshots on highlights of views where you want MM not to search for metadata?

Also examples what Metadata gets wrong would be welcome, because Search prediction and data collection based on the search needs feedback what is wrong in order to increase accuracy.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is not about metadata lookup, but the Wikipedia display in the info panel. There is no setting to disable the Wikipedia part in the info panel.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
camecamp

Post by camecamp »

Thanks for the clarification re the inability to disable Wikipedia. Looks like I didn't miss anything. I thought there might be an option to turn it off the same way I can turn off metadata lookup.

May I suggest that there be an option to turn off Wikipedia lookup? Wikipedia is blocked in some places and when I am in those places, nothing good could come of there being a record of repeated unsuccessful attempts to access Wikipedia originating from my IP address.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

Default info is read from MediaMonkey MusicBrainz server, it is not loaded from Wikipedia directly. Only if you change default language of this info, then it is read from Wikipedia page. It is currently not possible to turn this off, you can only hide whole Info panel.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »