Drag and drop to add to library [#16821]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

pip_pill

Drag and drop to add to library [#16821]

Post by pip_pill »

In MM4 you were able to drag and drop a single or multiple folders (on a NAS) and update the database/library with the added (dragged) folders, I've been checking and I don't think or see this functionality is in MM5.
The only way I have been able to update the MM5 database/library is to go: File/Add/Rescan files to the Library (which takes 20 minutes plus to rescan the "whole library", with 100K files).

Did I miss a technique to add a single folder or folders with multiple subfolders to the Library?

I normally review and correct my new music folder additions (structured: Alphabetic Letter/Artist/Album, then add the cleaned corrected/new files in folders to the library for Mediamonkey processing ie Volume/tags etc
or
Add folders with sub folders (Alphabetic Letter/Artist/Album).
Lowlander

Re: Drag and drop to add to library

Post by Lowlander »

You can since 2261 by dropping on a root Collection node: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16821
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
pip_pill

Re: Drag and drop to add to library

Post by pip_pill »

thanks ill check it out
pip_pill

Re: Drag and drop to add to library [#16821]

Post by pip_pill »

Just started using this.. drag and drop

It appears when dragging a folder (windows folder on a NAS) to Music in MM5, it reads to the library the folder above that that was dragged in the directory structure
ie
Structure is //Music/B/Bob Dylan/Rough and Rowdy Ways 2020
Dragging the folder Bob Dylan it reads all the B folders/directories to the library!?
Lowlander

Re: Drag and drop to add to library [#16821]

Post by Lowlander »

I can confirm, NAS is not required. Reopened the bug.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)