MM5 replacements for Scripts available for MM4

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pip_pill

MM5 replacements for Scripts available for MM4

Post by pip_pill »

Are the Scripts for MM4 to be part of MM5 release software?
Namely for me:
1 Capitol letter correction
2 Fix Trailing The
3 RegExp Find and Replace
4 Music Classification
5 Find Missing The
etc
My library is in need of some tidying and I am trying to stay with MM5 betas (rather than MM4) to familiar myself with it....
I have done some reading on the forums, but no specific answer to these question as far as I could see, just opinions!
pip_pill

Re: MM5 replacements for Scripts available for MM4

Post by pip_pill »

Sorry - beginning to find my own answer... found case checker extension but cant work out how to use it!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Any Third Party Addons need to be rewritten to work with MediaMonkey 5, this can be quite a bit of work and it will depend on each Addon developer if they're willing to do it.

The Case Checker just requires you to select files and use it (right click, Edit Files > Case Checker). Like MediaMonkey 4 it has no options, if you have them in MediaMonkey 4 you're likely using a Third Party Addon.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Is there already an API in place to make MM5 add-ons, or is it still in the works? I vaguely remember looking at a thread that discussed it, saying the API is up for change, but I believe it was from a while ago.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MM5 is nearing release, so very few changes would be expected. See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 27&t=81285
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Okay cool!
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:09 pm Any Third Party Addons need to be rewritten to work with MediaMonkey 5, this can be quite a bit of work and it will depend on each Addon developer if they're willing to do it.

The Case Checker just requires you to select files and use it (right click, Edit Files > Case Checker). Like MediaMonkey 4 it has no options, if you have them in MediaMonkey 4 you're likely using a Third Party Addon.
Do do realise that "Case Checker" crashes 1 in 5 times Ive tried to use it...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, use it all the time and no crashes. Capture this crash in a debug log (step 4b) and attach it to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

I will test try Case Checker MM5 and report crashes as suggested if it happens, I am trying to familiarize myself with how to capture crashes as I have a few, but have not done a debug log before.

NB. Case Checker MM5 seems to work ok with smaller number of files ie an album 10-15 files or an artist 20 - 30 files although.. (see below).

I was disappointed that when using it "and" "to" "the" etc when appearing in the middle of a "Artist" "Title" "Album" Album Artist" that it changed these to "And" "To" "The" ie capitalized -its probably to much to expect that there would be exceptions to the case checking as I realise this was not available in MM4.

Could it be that the crash is because I am trying to Case Checker on 92K files plus ie the whole library, there is no statement of volume limit of files to Case Checker against, maybe this should be "advised" to the user on selecting case checker script to run..!
Also, when Case Checking there is not Before and After only displays the after ie the result change to the tags
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd recommend against modifying large amounts of files at one time.