Album Artist Missing -> Unknown Folder

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Album Artist Missing -> Unknown Folder

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

I have two albums missing the Album Artist tag. They both ended up in "D:\iPod\My Music\Unknown" folder. However, in MM5, Artist View, they are correctly displayed under the appropriate artist. And, of course, in MMA, they are in the right place too. If I correct this by filling in the missing Album Artist tags for these albums, will this have any effect as far as the way they are displayed in MM5? And, when I do a WiFi Sync in MMA, because the MP3 files would be modified, there would changes here as well?
Lowlander

Re: Album Artist Missing -> Unknown Folder

Post by Lowlander »

That all depends. We have to assume a lot, but if you're building folder/filenames from tags (either Auto-Organize or Sync) then if you're using <Album Artist> in the Mask then it would make a difference.
TheEmpathicEar

Re: Album Artist Missing -> Unknown Folder

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:24 pm That all depends. We have to assume a lot, but if you're building folder/filenames from tags (either Auto-Organize or Sync) then if you're using <Album Artist> in the Mask then it would make a difference.
I [finally] did what I said above. In MM5, everything appears the same. Maybe this is at it should be? The "Unknown" folder was removed. This was a surprise? The two artist's albums were moved to their respective artist folders. The WiFi sync appeared to change some things in MMA. But, everything appears the same here too.