Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Hello,
I just thought I'd mention that I like MediaMonkey 5's "this song is now playing" pop-up display a lot better than MediaMonkey 4's. Firstly, it always appears in the correct spot (!!!) whereas MM4's was broken on monitors with display scaling. Secondly, clicking the pop-up lets me close it, instead of opening an Amazon link, which I greatly appreciate. The inability to close MM4's pop-ups was extremely aggravating, and I would have to wait a few seconds if I was about to click something in that corner of the screen.
I just wanted to make it heard that I think MM5's new pop-up display behavior is perfect; and if it were changed to be more like MM4, I believe that would be a detriment.

Thanks for listening :grinning:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Re: Feedback: Next Song Pop-Up Display behavior

Post by drakinite »

Actually, I do have a request. Could you give us the option to choose which display the Next Song Pop-Up shows up on? I remember on build 2261, it would always show up on my primary display no matter which display MM was on; but on 2262, it seems to change depending on which display the MM window is located. Since I would prefer it to always appear on my primary display, I think it would be great to have the option to choose where it appears.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.