Beyoncé vs. Beyonce in Artist View

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TheEmpathicEar

Beyoncé vs. Beyonce in Artist View

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Build 2264. I just noticed that in MM5 Artist View there are two entries just like in the subject line. They both point to the same folders/files. The folder for the artist is "Beyoncé" [with accent]. Is this normal behaviour? I explored both in Artist view and they seems to be identical?
EDIT: I checked the artist tags in the MP3 files and it's "Beyoncé" for album artist and "Beyonce" for artist. Should this be changed?
Lowlander

Re: Beyoncé vs. Beyonce in Artist View

Post by Lowlander »

You explained already, you have the different values in the tags (Artist and Album Artist). You'll need to tag your files to use 1 value consistently for both Artist and Album Artist.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:16 pm You explained already, you have the different values in the tags (Artist and Album Artist). You'll need to tag your files to use 1 value consistently for both Artist and Album Artist.
Ok, thx. I was wondering if there would be any reason for these tags to be different in a case like this.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it comes down to tagging and you may have corrected one in the past without correcting the other.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
HINT: You can tweak MM search Under Tools -> Options -> Library -> Search and set it to watch for Diacritics.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts