MM5 Rescan selected files to library - hot key?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pip_pill

MM5 Rescan selected files to library - hot key?

Post by pip_pill »

It would be useful within MM5 to only Rescan "selected" files to the library from those selected/highlighted in the list view - with a hot key..

I am aware that INSERT will add/rescan ALL files to the library, but with 100K song files this can take a while especially if corrections were only made a limited amount of files ie across albums for an artist (for such as meta data changes outside of using MM5)

I understand this can be done going to explorer and dragging the relevant folder files into MM5 but for convenience it would be useful to be able to use MM5 to do a limited update

I apologize if there is a technique that this can be done already, but I have not found it so far in MM4 or MM5.
Lowlander

Re: MM5 Rescan selected files to library - hot key?

Post by Lowlander »

This is what Folder Monitoring is for. If you leave MediaMonkey running while making the changes and continuous Folder Monitoring is enabled, the changes should be picked up immediately when made.
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

Folder monitoring does not seem to work all the time, I find changes in the files are not updated in the library, I don't believe it 100% effective in MM4 either.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

I cannot capture it - as it simply does not seem to always work - it does sometimes and shows up in "auto added" in the "Recently Added Content"!.

I add folders/files to the NAS storage in Windows - and it is not always updated in the library, I have "Add/Rescan files to the Library..." - Schedule "Continuously" Media type "auto detection" selected.
I wonder if its because it takes some time to scan through the folders but sometimes it simply never detects the adds/changes...

I have no idea how to capture something that didn't happen?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Follow the linked instructions, the log from DBGView hopefully shows why it didn't happen. Also update to build 2265 before capturing.