2265: getAutoTagFieldsChecks exposes unconfigurable settings

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TIV73

2265: getAutoTagFieldsChecks exposes unconfigurable settings

Post by TIV73 »

Hi,
I noticed that the the object returned by app.utils.web.getAutoTagFieldsChecks() exposes some properties that cannot be set via gui in the Metadata lookup section of the settings menu, which can lead to incorrect results if an autotag plugin is checking these settings. Are these values set somewhere else?

Lowlander

Re: 2265: getAutoTagFieldsChecks exposes unconfigurable settings

Post by Lowlander »

Many of those fields are related to video files, not audio files. When having video files they are available.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

That's one of the things that confused me. The object has two properties, one for video and one for audio. That's why I was expecting that the audio property would only contain settings relating to audio files.

Or is that an implementational thing where it was easier to have the settings window just return the same data structure for both audio and video and then just store these objects while ignoring that each of them contains settings for the other category?
I'm not criticising, mind you. Just trying to understand how it works.

Regardless, where is the publisher property set? I can't find it in either settings menu. That property was actually the original reason why I noticed the whole setting thing because I have an autotag plugin that checks that property.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Both structures (audio and video) use same properties and editor showing only relevant ones.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Properties > Details has Publisher. It's also available as Column in the Filelisting and in Auto-Tag it's available under both Audio and Video as column.