list sort tool tip [#17128][#17134][#17161]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

list sort tool tip [#17128][#17134][#17161]

Post by Barry4679 »

Maybe I am imaging it, but I thought that the hover tool tip displayed here, was triggered when hovering over any column in the heading line.
I only see it now hen hovering over a column which participates in the sort criteria,

One of deliverables of the hover tool tip was to disclose the current sort sequence in situation where none of the sort columns are currently displayed. This (new?) behaviour has degraded this feature.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
PetrCBR

Re: 2272 - list sort tool tip

Post by PetrCBR »

Thanks for your feedback. Will be changed in next build.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

PetrCBR wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:08 am Thanks for your feedback. Will be changed in next build.
Petr, did you fix this?
Looks to be broken in 2275.

[UPDATE] all hover tool tips appear to be broken. ... Others seeing this?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is fixed for me in 2275. That tooltip shows on any column header including ones not sorted on.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I see the tooltips fine here too.

Are you sure that the MM window has focus? i.e. that it is not instance of issue like https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17128 ?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:44 pm Are you sure that the MM window has focus? i.e. that it is not instance of issue like https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17128 ?
I had no tooltips, eg. no tooltips on Toolbar (Previous View icon, Funnel icon, etc) ... none inside the search|filter controls, etc) ... tooltips were dead.

Persisted after MM5 restart, and after PC reboot.

It went away after deleting persistent.json file .... this kind of thing happens often enough to consider a menu that would reset|purify the json file, without requiring the punter to know to close MM5, and find the json file, and to know that it is OK to delete it ... eg. a menu option with a name something like View|Reset UI ... ?

btw. I still have the json file if it is any use to anyone.

btw 2 ... version 2275 seems very snappy and stable to me ... I don't remember any crashes or anything strange until I noticed I had no tool tips
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Are you sure that removing persistent.json did the trick?

I guess that this option could make the difference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp0nzrtzrgpbv ... 5.png?dl=0
but it is stored in MediaMonkey.ini AFAIK.

But please send me the affected persistent.json (in case you are still seeing the issue when you replace it back over your re-newed json).

EDIT: I found that the option has no effect anyway, it is rather obsolote option from MM4, to be removed in course of https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17134
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:41 pm Are you sure that removing persistent.json did the trick?
But please send me the affected persistent.json (in case you are still seeing the issue when you replace it back over your re-newed json).
OK, I sent it.
I stopped MM5, and then restored the json, and then restarted MM5 ... it did not immediately exhibit the hover problem.
But then I closed MM5, and restarted it again, and I have the persistent hover problem again.

It seems repeatable to me ... ie. did the above procedure twice ... with a gap between, where I allowed MM5 to build a new json file, and which resulted in no hover problem .... but the two separate sessions, with the "problem" json file, exhibit the hover problem.

Once MM5 is in this state, I get no hover tool tips, even if I leave MM5 alone a while to settle after re-starting. ... I can fix this persistent state by deleting the json file.

I also sent you a second json file ... this one throws MM5 in a "reading files" state, that eventually leads to a variety of crashes ... all these from today, using that 2nd json file.... again this problem is fixed by closing MM5 and deleting the json file.

The "Last Known" crash is what happens if I use your "restart" button on the crash dbox panels ... that has never worked for me, and I have seen others say the same thing ... you should remove that button if you cannot fix it. ... in the current state it just adds frustration to frustration
Ludek

Re: list sort tool tip [#17128][#17134]

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for the files,
the crashes are already fixed for the next build.

As for the tooltips issue: I can replicate the issue consistently using your persistent.json , tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17161