Tracks disappeared from Music > Location

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

netgecko99

Tracks disappeared from Music > Location

Post by netgecko99 »

I just installed MM5 again (last attempt to use it was many months ago) and had it re-scan my music library to update the database. Everything appeared to work fine, but after only a few seconds of clicking around the menu, all but one of my tracks (well over 100k tracks in total) vanished from the Music > Location menu (which I use a lot). Everything still appears under artist and album and so on, and shows up in a search, and I can play the songs, but the menu is definitely broken. Restarted the program and the issue remains.

Debug log:
https://fil.email/mtQhaxrp

Screenshot:
netgecko99

Re: Tracks disappeared from Music > Location

Post by netgecko99 »

As a note, scanning the collection again did not repopulate the Location section in the menu.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check the Path you show in the Location node in File Explorer to make sure it actually contains more than 1 file. The other files, although still in the Library, could be in a different folder.

Which build of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
netgecko99

Post by netgecko99 »

5.0.0.2275, just downloaded today.
netgecko99

Post by netgecko99 »

And yes, the rest of that album's files are in that particular folder, and there are many other folders that should show up in that tree. Literally my entire collection.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Music Collection is a filtered Collection, so perhaps the files don't match the Criteria you have for the Music Collection. You can edit Collections under Tools > Options > Collections & Views.
netgecko99

Post by netgecko99 »

As noted, everything shows up great under the other portions of the Music collection, like Albums and Artists and Genres and so on - it's only the Location section that's broken.

Also as noted, it showed up fine initially after scanning, and only vanished after clicking around the menu for a few minutes.

But just to be sure, it's not doing anything odd. Everything is of type Music.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Run File > Manage Database with rebuild database checked. Does that resolve?
netgecko99

Post by netgecko99 »

Aha! That did the trick. Thanks!