[REQ] Floating lyrics Panel or Window

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

monkeyfan1970

[REQ] Floating lyrics Panel or Window

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

Hello,

Is there a floating floating lyrics panel or window in MM5? If it is not available, could this feature be added?

Thank you.
Lowlander

Re: Floating lyrics Panel or Window

Post by Lowlander »

Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I think that you may have posted the wrong link?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Barry4679 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:51 pm
I think that you may have posted the wrong link?
I was thinking the same thing. πŸ˜†
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it shows New Playlist as a floating Playlist window.

Right click on any Playlist (not AutoPlaylist) in the Media Tree and select Edit from the Context Menu to open.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

The OP is enquiring about lyrics.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Wow, misread that one. No, the Lyrics window, or any window for that matter, can't be detached from the Main window.
dypsis

I Want Some

Post by dypsis »

Whatever Lowlander is on today, I want some. πŸ˜ƒ

Just kidding. 😜
monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

Hello,

Can we please add a Floating lyrics Panel?

Thank you!
MikeGahrns

Post by MikeGahrns »

+1 for this request.

Also see:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=99227
and
viewtopic.php?p=467463#p467463

There are many scenarios that could benefit from allowing tabs to be broken off and dragged to separate windows on different monitors.
monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

When can we see a floating lyrics Panel or Window?
drakinite

Re: [REQ] Floating lyrics Panel or Window

Post by drakinite »

Added support to the Undock Playing addon for the Lyrics window (and renamed it to Undock Panels). Available here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... k-playing/

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the addon.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
MikeGahrns

Post by MikeGahrns »

Hi Drakinite, This looks really interesting.

Any chance you could also add the ability to undock any playlist panel? My main problem with MM is that it is very difficult to curate lots of playlists.

Having the ability to have multiple playlists open in several windows (on potentially multiple monitors) so that you can drag and drop songs to move or copy them between playlists would be very helpful.

Often I want to listen to a song, and then from a bunch of potential playlists listen to other songs that I think would fit nicely after it. Once I found that song, I want to move or copy it from that source playlist to the right location in the destination playlist.
monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

drakinite wrote: ↑Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:07 pm Added support to the Undock Playing addon for the Lyrics window (and renamed it to Undock Panels). Available here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... k-playing/

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the addon.
Hello,

Thanks for the add on!. It does solves the issue partially. But it also introduces couple of other issues for me.

1. The undocked Lyrics window does not remember the position. Each time, I restart MM5, I have to undock Lyrics window and move to my desired position.

2. Can there be a keyboard shortcut to invoke to show/hide the undocked Lyrics window?

3. Can there be a way to alter and increase the font size of the Lyrics in the Lyrics window?

Thank you!
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

monkeyfan1970 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:20 pm 1. The undocked Lyrics window does not remember the position. Each time, I restart MM5, I have to undock Lyrics window and move to my desired position.

2. Can there be a keyboard shortcut to invoke to show/hide the undocked Lyrics window?

3. Can there be a way to alter and increase the font size of the Lyrics in the Lyrics window?
1. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that. Dialog windows can't save their previous location, because if the monitor arrangement changes, it would be possible for dialogs to exist in a location that is not accessible.

2. Sure. Added in v1.1.1, it's available on the site.

3. Yeah, I agree that the font size can be a bit too small when it's undocked. But since the font size is pretty unrelated to the docking mechanism, I figured it makes more sense to have it as a separate addon. https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... font-size/
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.