Incorrect album groupings when sorting in 'List (by album)' view [#17452 #17972]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Incorrect album groupings when sorting in 'List (by album)' view [#17452 #17972]

Post by tbm72 »

Another similar bug that seems related to List (By Album) view (but only when Column Filter is enabled):

1) Search for an artist (e.g. 'Big Star') and click that artist in the column filter
2) Click heading to sort by 'Rating'
3) Tracks from a different album get mixed in with wrong album/artwork (see below)

Note: this bug isn't related to previous comments as 'Automatic column widths' isn't enabled for this bug to happen so maybe I should post as a separate issue?
Peke

Re: Layout bug when searching in 'List (by album)' [#17378]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you select "#1 Record" in third filter of column browser does it show same?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

If I select '#1 Record' in the column browser it (correctly) only shows results for that album. But if I select 'All' it mixes the tracks up from multiple albums as shown in the screenshot.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Can't seem to replicate it with other artists/albums so far though (but my Big Star albums are definitely all correctly tagged as separate albums).

Also getting strange results with search results in the same List (By Album) view for Leonard Cohen. If I have the Bitrate column enabled and sort on rating (up/down) then some tracks disappear as I toggle between Rating Ascending and Rating Descending. When I hide the Bitrate column this problem doesn't happen.

Edit: actually I don't think it's related to the Bitrate column but I'm getting very weird/random results using List (By Album) in general.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you can create debug log and accompany video, then send download links to us in Ticket would be great as that way we can try to replicate your steps and see what is going on.

Let me know if you need help on creating above?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Here's a video of last bug. I searched for 'Cohen' in List (By Album) view and then toggled the sort by Rating column. As I switch between Ascending/Descending some of the tracks from the album disappear. I'll try and grab a debug log when I have a spare minute.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfdwmldq0dm4w ... g.mp4?dl=0
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

And this is a video of sort by Rating on a search for the band Big Star. After highlighting the band in the column browser I initially sorted by Album and all displays correctly. But when I switch to sort by Rating then some of the tracks get mixed up in the wrong album. If I use Rating>Ascending then it correctly shows tracks split up into separate albums by rating but if I use Rating>Descending then I get mixed tracks showing in one album.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pu5emcht9br8r ... r.mp4?dl=0
rusty

Re: Incorrect album groupings when sorting in 'List (by album)' view

Post by rusty »

tbm72

Re: Incorrect album groupings when sorting in 'List (by album)' view [#17452]

Post by tbm72 »

Just in case it helps here's another example:

1) Set view to List (By Album)
2) Enable Column Filter
3) Run a search for 'desire'
4) Change sort to Rating (descending)
5) Results show other artists mixed in to wrong album

If you change the sort to Rating (ascending) at first I thought it was OK until I scrolled down and saw it gives a different bug in the view (the album & artwork is cut off at bottom):

At this point, if you toggle the left tree sidebar panel on/off it fixes it and the album/artwork at the bottom appears correctly again.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Just to confirm, the first part of this post is fixed for me in the new release [#17452] but the part where I added a video to show another example (https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 36#p477536)) is still not working on the new release and still behaves exactly the same as shown in the video below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfdwmldq0dm4w ... g.mp4?dl=0
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please capture that specific case in a debug log (step 4b) and attach it to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 It seems to require very specific circumstances to reproduce and I've not been able to recreate this on 2407.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

I think I've found a way to replicate this bug that seems to work 100% of the time for me:

Take any 4 test tracks and change them so they all have the same unique artist name but belong to 2 different albums. For example:

Track 1 (artist name: 'Test', album name 'Album 1', rating: 4 stars)
Track 2 (artist name: 'Test', album name 'Album 1', rating: 4 stars)
Track 3 (artist name: 'Test', album name 'Album 1', rating: 5 stars)

Track 4 (artist name: 'Test', album name 'Album 2', rating: 5 stars)

Now do the following steps:
1) Change the view type to 'List (by album)' so the artwork is showing
2) Run a search in the Global Search field (or CTRL+F) for 'Test'
3) With the column filter enabled, click the artist name 'Test' in the center Artist column so it displays both albums
4) Now click a couple of times on the 'Rating' header to toggle the sort between Ascending and Descending

For me, whenever the rating is sorted by 'descending' the 2 tracks with 4 star ratings disappear completely. If this bug doesn't happen for you, now try clicking (twice) the icon that hides/shows the left panel and click on the 'Rating' header again a couple of times.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Tricky one, it required the sort to be on Album when entering the Artist node, reproduced as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17972