MEDIA SERVER: I can't connect WD My Cloud EX2 to MM5 and MMA

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

jotixce

MEDIA SERVER: I can't connect WD My Cloud EX2 to MM5 and MMA

Post by jotixce »

Hi,

I bought a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra 16Gb to be my Cloud Music Server, but I cannot connect to MM5 via Media Server. Through the PC and Android by "myCloud" no problems. I use a DNS NO-IP to acces outside my ethernet, but no way., I use http://dns.hopto.org 192.168.1.5:5500 but I get "socket error 10061 time out" in every diferent port I use ( 80, 8080 998, 9000, 55963,...). I have opened a port in my router TCP 998.

Can you help me in the sintaxis or any Tips ????

Thanks in Advance

Jordi
Lowlander

Re: MEDIA SERVER: I can't connect WD My Cloud EX2 to MM5 and MMA

Post by Lowlander »

So, you're trying to access the WD DLNA Server outside of the network where the WD resides?

Check which port the WD uses and if anything else can connect to it. Also see if it works within the same network. It may be that the WD or your router is misconfigured.

MyCloud uses a different mechanism, likely via WD Servers to connect to WD devices.
jotixce

Post by jotixce »

Hi,

I'm trying to make my own Spotify (?) of classical music well organized, to conect my Phone, my car, etc when I'm away from home ..... so I bought this WD, which is conected to my home ethernet. I can see it from my PC and transfer via Explorer music files. Also I can connect my phone to it with his "My Cloud app", and NO-IP can see it too.

I will try to find out which port is using in the router .... I will be out for two weeks, when I come back I will revert to you [if you let me :·) ], if I could not get through

Thanks for the tip and the help.

Jordi
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

DLNA is local only, so you'll need to open the specific port used by the Server in the Router. Do note that DLNA generally provides no protection so anyone that knows the IP and Port can gain access to the DLNA Server.
jotixce

Post by jotixce »

Hi,

Thanks for your advise. It's supose to be use only by me ...... but who knows ....

One question more ... MMA cannot access to WD, can it?

Jordi
Last edited by jotixce on Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA can access a specific IP:Port of a DLNA Server. Go to UPnP in MMA and use the + icon to add a specific IP:Port.
jotixce

Post by jotixce »

Tks, But no from outside home , no?

Jordi
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, if you port forward through your Router (DLNA provides no security though).
jotixce

Post by jotixce »

Thanks a lot

Jordi