[SOLVED] MMW5 does not show all files shared by MMS

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

drunknmonkey

[SOLVED] MMW5 does not show all files shared by MMS

Post by drunknmonkey »

MMW: 5.0.0.2316
MMS: 0.3.2

For testing pupose I cleared the MMS database and added 1 mp3. Then I duplicated this mp3 by just copying&pasting it in windows explorer. MMS Webinterface now shows 2 equal songs.

MMS View:
C:\testmusic\file1.mp3
C:\testmusic\file1 (copy).mp3

After syncing with MMW, MMW only shows 1 of the 2 songs.

MMW View:
C:\testmusic\file1.mp3
Ludek

Re: MMW5 does not show all files shared by MMS

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
where exactly in MM5 you checked the files?

If you go to 'Devices & Services' > MediaMonkey Server > All files
are you able to see both the files?
I suppose that you checked the checkbox to [x] Scan MMS content to the local database ?

EDIT: OK, I have just tested with '[x] Scan MMS content to the local database' enabled and I can confirm the issue, the track was paired with the already existing track in the local MM5 database based on metadata. I guess that if you test with a different track (different title/album/artist/length) then the track is added, right?

This behaviour per design to prevent from creating/syncing duplicates when scanning the files from various cloud sources (when the same track is spread in different cloud locations and not paired with local MM5 database yet).
drunknmonkey

Re: MMW5 does not show all files shared by MMS

Post by drunknmonkey »

Thanks for yor help.
Yes, changing some ide3 tags of the copy makes MMW recognize both files (original and copy).