Addons Screen Appears Locked After Installing an Add-On

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

Addons Screen Appears Locked After Installing an Add-On

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

After installing an Add-On to the latest version, the Addons screen appears to be locked in focus but does not accept input e.g. minimise / maximise / close icon / close button / Add / Find Updates.

Right clicking the TaskBar icon to Close Window does not work either.

This behaviour is different to the previous 2325 version.

This is with a Portable installation. Had to use End Task from Task Manager to kill the application. I think the Add-On installed.

May be related, but when the Find Updates was used, the Show Links (1.0.1) had a download button for 1.0.4. Pressing update resulted in the "circle" hour glass running and similar locked screen. Re-opening MMW5 after Ending the Task(s) then showed Show Links 1.0.4 - so it looks like it did install.
Ian Taylor
drakinite

Re: Addons Screen Appears Locked After Installing an Add-On

Post by drakinite »

Thanks, I can reproduce on 2326. I think it's related to an existing issue, https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17570.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Addons Screen Appears Locked After Installing an Add-On

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Thanks Drakenite, good to know it is not just me / my set-up!

Your assessment seems very likely. I tried Alt+Tab and could not find a missing dialogue box / pop-up menu.

Not certain if this is relevant, but I have two screens and multiple portable installations of MMW in separate folders (4-1919 + 5-2316 + 5-2325 + 5-2326) and two "normal" installations (MMW4 1919 + MMW5 2326 from 2325).
Ian Taylor