Google Home Mini No Longer on Cast To Device List

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dltolley2

Google Home Mini No Longer on Cast To Device List

Post by dltolley2 »

Have been using various versions of MM5 and occasionally my Home Mini would disappear from the Cast To list, but a reboot or the PC or Mini would resolve the issue. That's no longer the case. The Mini will not show up even after restarting the PC or the Mini. The Mini does show up as a cast to device in Chrome, other apps, and my android phone.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎2/‎8/‎2021
OS build 19042.928
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

MM 5.0.0.2338
Ludek

Re: Google Home Mini No Longer on Cast To Device List

Post by Ludek »

Are you saying that the device is showing in the cast menu in Chrome on the same PC ?

Could you please catch this in a debug log -- see item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

1) Be sure you have debug build installed
2) Start DbgView
3) Start MM5
4) Go to Chrome and ensure that Chrome does see the device in the list after clicking the cast icon
5) Click the cast icon on the player in MM5 and wait 10 seconds

If the device isn't in the list then save the output from the DbgView to a file and share the link to the file with us (e.g. via private message or open support ticket and attach)

Thanks!
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, I'm unable to replicate this, but did find that in some cases, playback to a CC Mini fails. Not sure if it's part of the same issue or not. Details at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17799

-Rusty
dltolley2

Post by dltolley2 »

Ticket #1327 submitted with log and video of issue.

Yes, the mini appears in the cast list in Chrome, but is not on the cast list in MM5, same machine.
Last edited by dltolley2 on Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thx, replied via the ticket
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

FYI: Just fyi dltolley2 (the user from ticket 1327):
We haven't found exactly why it magically started to work for him, but he done something like this according to his words:
"Couldn't disable the hyper-v adapters using my normal day to day acct because I don't run with admin rights. Logged in with my admin acct and windows had to finish setting stuff up from an update. Disabled the devices and switched back to my normal acct and the mini showed up. Re-enabled the devices and it's still showing up. So, not sure if it was disabling that fixed it or if something was updated/fixed by windows finalizing the set-up under the admin acct. Checked the drivers, they are Microsoft drivers."
According the new "working" logs there is no difference in the used network adapters and used IP addresses -- so it was probably something realted to the Windows update finishing under the admin account.