2338 - bug re Manage Views <add new>

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2338 - bug re Manage Views <add new>

Post by Barry4679 »

I am presuming that the Add New View facility is supposed to stay as designed, unless explicitly changed ... ie. I define the view using this facility, and the view will stay as-designed unless I come back into that facility to change my design ... while I am "using" the view I may alter things like new columns, or change the sort seq, but this is a temporary change, and does not change my persistent design specification.

I am presuming that the facility would be work that way because it would be pretty much useless if it did not.

It does work like that is this situation:
  • open a collection and use my new View
  • while viewing, change the sort sequence
  • navigate to a different collection ... and use my new View ... it is sorted by the original sequence ===> good, the change was temporary
  • go back to the first collection ... is now sorted by the original design sort sequence ==> good
But does no work in a situation where
  • my New View is open and (temporarily) altered
  • then either MM5 is closed, or the tab with the (temp) alteration is closed
  • ===> this alters the design specification ===> NOT good, this bug (?) makes the new facility useless
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.