Tools>Options>Library>Add/Scan settings doesn't save changes [#17782]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Gregory the Basil

Tools>Options>Library>Add/Scan settings doesn't save changes [#17782]

Post by Gregory the Basil »

I've been trying to delete one folder from being on the scan list, and adding a different one to be scheduled "at startup". I've done them together and separately. I had previously removed a number of dead folders and those changes have been saved.

Deleting: I can delete the one, save the changes, close everything and come back and still see it there. If I save and close the options, and go right back it, it remains. I've tried clicking the check box to both on and off. This folder is not under the main folder for music.

Scheduling: When I try to change the schedule for the new folder, it never holds the change. Saving and closing then immediately reopening the options shows "manual" even though I'd asked for "at startup". Closing everything down and coming back up doesn't change anything. This folder is not under the main folder for music.

Both are folders on a network attached storage device I have mapped to drive letters (net use in Windows); the one to delete is a folder under the root, and the new one is two levels down. The third (main) folder that is staying the same is a folder under the root as well. All folders are on the same drive letter.

MMW 5.0.0.2338
Lowlander

Re: Tools>Options>Library>Add/Scan settings doesn't save changes

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce on 2401. To confirm, you're using SAVE not SCAN NOW?

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 A developer will then be able to analyze why this isn't working in your setup.
Gregory the Basil

Post by Gregory the Basil »

I was using "save". Didn't catch that there was a new version since Thursday though... and it doesn't repeat under 2401. :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's good news.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, this has been already fixed in 2400 as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17782

Thanks for confirmation that it works fine for you in 2401