Right Click Playlist Node - Remove Duplicates (Lists vs Tracks) [#17939]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

Right Click Playlist Node - Remove Duplicates (Lists vs Tracks) [#17939]

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

The 4th sub-menu option when right clicking the playlist node says Remove Duplicates.

Suggest this becomes "Remove Duplicate Tracks" as it does not remove duplicate playlists. I guess it has no function when a Node is selected?

In addition, if a "tool-tip" is possible, then a more expanded explanation might be useful.

Background:
Downloaded a handful of albums today due to the Bank Holiday weekend discount being offered. Imported into MMW4 and went through my normal routine of checking artwork / auto-organise / lyrics etc. Then created new Playlists. Exported All using Zvezdan's add-on where is replace the path from my MMW4 folders to MMW5 (basically from D: to E:). MMW5 set to import playlists at startup from the location where I export the playlists. All the playlists added, but noticed I had a few more than expected! So used the MMW5 Export All Playlists - less exported than the total shown in MMW5. Try to "remove duplicates" as it clicked I had manually created a few new playlists. No change in the number of playlists in MMW5 i.e. duplicate (playlists) not removed.

Manual checking revealed the 5 duplicate playlists which I then manually removed.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Re: Right Click Playlist Node - Remove Duplicates (Lists vs Tracks)

Post by Lowlander »

Context operates on the item you activated on. Play Now for example only plays the contents of the selected Playlist, Remove Duplicates works the same, only removing duplicate files from the selected Playlist.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Right Click Playlist Node - Remove Duplicates (Lists vs Tracks)

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Lowlander, thanks for reply.

Yes I would expect the "right click" to be context sensitive.

In MMW4 if you select the node, then it does not show the option to Remove Duplicates. It was the inclusion of this "right click" option that made me think that there might be additional functionality.

Please could this "context sensitive" menu be improved to NOT show this option if just the Playlist node is selected and only show when a Playlist is selected.

Thanks.
Ian Taylor
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Right Click Playlist Node - Remove Duplicates (Lists vs Tracks) [#17939]

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Thanks for fixing in 2412.
Ian Taylor