After manual auto-organize (Ctrl+R), album artwork moves, but not tag for artwork location

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

1337haXXor

After manual auto-organize (Ctrl+R), album artwork moves, but not tag for artwork location

Post by 1337haXXor »

Title. I do NOT use tagged artwork, only external files. I've been noticing I have some albums that were not showing a preview in that panel in MM, so I checked. The artwork is indeed in the album's folders, titled "cover.jpg" or png, but still isn't showing in the preview. When I checked the artwork tag, I saw the problem: The artwork's location is listed as the *old* location, before I did Ctrl+R. I have a standard "download" folder that I have all my music in before tagging/correcting, then using the manual auto-organize to put it proper folders.

Possibly related to this issue, I can't seem to add my current file as artwork. I remove the incorrectly located file, then click the Lookup Image button, followed by Browse. This takes me to my folder with my cover.png image, but when clicking on it nothing happens. It doesn't tag it, it doesn't display it, doesn't add it to the image preview pane. Nothing.
Lowlander

Re: After manual auto-organize (Ctrl+R), album artwork moves, but not tag for artwork location

Post by Lowlander »

Are you seeing this on build 2410? If not, please update: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d

Let us know if issues persist on build 2410.
1337haXXor

Re: After manual auto-organize (Ctrl+R), album artwork moves, but not tag for artwork location

Post by 1337haXXor »

Whoops, I was a couple versions old. Adding my own artwork currently works on the newest version.

But what about the old, potentially incorrect ones? Would a full rebuild/optimization take care of that, by chance? And would it automatically add my cover.jpg files to the corresponding albums?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can try a rescan and see if it picks up the Artwork: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... cans_Files
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Okay, I think that did the trick.

I run library optimizations at least a couple times a month, but I can't remember the last time I did a full re-scan of the library. Found a couple stragglers in there, too. Thanks!