[REQ] Add tracks in proper order when title starts with track number

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

1337haXXor

[REQ] Add tracks in proper order when title starts with track number

Post by 1337haXXor »

I noticed that when adding tracks that happen to have numbers in the file name (Like 1 - Cheese, 2 - Doodle... 10 - Booger), when adding the folder to the library, it will add them in order of first digit, second digit, etc. So 1 - Cheese, 10 - Booger, 2 - Doodle, etc.
Peke

Re: [REQ] Add tracks in proper order when title starts with track number

Post by Peke »

Hi,
We are ATM investigation best ways to handle Zero padding in Scanning into library, presenting Track/Disk # and Auto organize.

Were you just scanned the files or you were also tried Auto Tag from Filename to correct track ordering?

Asking because "01 - Title", "10 - Title" are completely different than filenames "1 - Title", "10 - Title" and they are sort completely different.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Yes, I've noticed that before. 01, 02, 03, etc. works, but 1, 2, 3... 10, 11 does not. Windows sorts them in order with or without the padding. I know it's not big, but I'm meticulous about organization, and I have many aspects of my library ordered by added date, and I like having them in order. My current solution is to pre-tag them with another program, or add them as is, Ctrl+R auto-organize, then delete them and re-add them, as with my sorting rules they'll be in the proper order.
Peke

Post by Peke »

1337haXXor wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:12 pm I know it's not big, but I'm meticulous about organization, and I have many aspects of my library ordered by added date,
Unfortunately it is something that MM can't help you with as Explorer is one that serve MM next file in order to scan and unless they are Zero padded 10 is right after 1 and before 2 :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
1337haXXor

Post by 1337haXXor »

Alrighty, no biggie. Thanks for the response!