[REQ] Karaoke/Auto scroll lyrics [#16494]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

delaysix

[REQ] Karaoke/Auto scroll lyrics [#16494]

Post by delaysix »

It might not be a popular request, and in fact, not even a single hit in search for karaoke (https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/searc ... %5B0%5D=33), but it would be pretty cool to somehow have the lyrics get in sync with the song track. (Ex: If the artist is on line 15, the lyrics would auto scroll to that line or be near it.)

Currently we can have the lyrics show up in the visualizer and we can full screen, but this would just add a nice QoL change. How plausible is something like this? Does spotify manually sync the song with the lyrics or is there an automatic script/program to do so?
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Karaoke/Auto scroll lyrics

Post by Lowlander »

You'd need timed Lyrics, something MediaMonkey doesn't lookup.
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

+1 - would be a great addition (something equivalent to MiniLyrics, Spotify karaoke, etc...)

note: timed lyrics aren't that difficult to find for popular tracks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Utestit wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:23 am note: timed lyrics aren't that difficult to find for popular tracks
I am bit curious, can you give us some different proven source URLs? I am ocassionally searching for good karaoke timed lyrics and was unable to locate any :oops: :cry:
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

Peke wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:33 pm Hi,
Utestit wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:23 am note: timed lyrics aren't that difficult to find for popular tracks
I am bit curious, can you give us some different proven source URLs? I am ocassionally searching for good karaoke timed lyrics and was unable to locate any :oops: :cry:
sure, may need to dig a little though* :
. MiniLyrics used to be a (great) source (and integrated with iTunes :oops:) - but was disconnected;
. MusicMatch is another - but focusing on streaming if I remember well.

*: I stopped getting those, as karaoke were not "playable" in Mediamonkey - the app I've been using for music for a couple of years...
but I still have a couple of thousands LRCs with timed lyrics in store (quality ones).

Hope this helps.

I'm unsure what you meant with "proven" sources ?

I'll have a new look if it helps...
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please open support ticket and supply Few LRC and accompany tracks so that we can investigate on how to improve Playing -> Lyrics Mode?

Re MusicMatch ot looks like https://developer.musixmatch.com/docume ... ing-lyrics is pointed thru Mobile devices and I wonder if LRC files are saved somewhere so that they can be loaded as needed or their app needs to be used.
More info at:
https://htc-one.gadgethacks.com/how-to/ ... e-0156434/
https://github.com/chiranjeevisaride/MusicMatch

There is initiative to somehow add LRC support, but like you said with MiniLyrics it is bit hard to do that because most are discontinued and there is also licensing issues of storing and making Lyrics available for download/keep/show.

By proven I meant those that will not be discontinued after we spend 6+ months implementing their API (if available) to fetch and show their Lyrics format. Another issue I have found is that in most cases Lyrics are mostly not correctly synced with track versions I have, so some sort of lyrics resync editor is needed to be also made into MM as users would like to have them correctly synced.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Hi there,

MiniLyrics (LRC) support has already been requested and is tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18460

However, as MiniLyrics is a separate program and we can't find any external APIs to easily locate LRCs (plus the reasons Peke noted), those formatted lyrics will need to be provided manually.
The current plan (has not yet been implemented) would be to let you replace the standard lyrics with the LRC-formatted lyrics in the track's lyrics field, and then the lyrics / now playing window would display it either line-by-line or scrolling based on the timecode.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.