[SOLVED] Sync to device not working

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

mozman75

[SOLVED] Sync to device not working

Post by mozman75 »

Good Morning.,

I seem to be having an issue with syncing to my Samsung S9.

I am using the latest MM5 beta, 2410, and my MMA is up to date. Windows 10, 21H1.

I can sync everything just fine. I have done so, and even when I add new items to my database they sync without any problems. The issue occurs when I go in and tell MM to not sync certain albums. I can uncheck the parameters just fine but it doesn't update the db on my phone. Any ideas?

Any insights?

TIA,
Phil
Lowlander

Re: Sync to device not working

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure the Albums aren't part of a different Sync Selection: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Device.29

For example if you don't have Genre Rock selected to be Synced, but select a Playlist with some Rock songs there will still be some Rock songs selected. The Sync List is an include list, not an exclude list. If anywhere a file is included in the selection it will be synced.

Also check what your delete settings are as this determines if any no longer selected files on the Sync List will be removed on the next Sync.
mozman75

Re: Sync to device not working

Post by mozman75 »

Thanks for the reply and for what to look for.

It's all cleared up and works like a charm.

Thanks.

Phil