Files sometimes "Skip" when played

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

crawdad63

Files sometimes "Skip" when played

Post by crawdad63 »

We're talking perfectly ripped files. Also the first song you play when you open up MM5 cuts off the first second or so. Also editing the fonts in some of your skins would be awesome.
To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
Lowlander

Re: Files sometimes "Skip" when played

Post by Lowlander »

Which build (Help > About) and what Output Plug-in?

Does playback Skip within the file or Skip the whole file?
- If within, what File Type(s), does it always skip the same part and is this not seen on other Players? Also see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... corrupted/
- If the files, see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... s-to-play/

The first song, is this the song you opened MediaMonkey from File Explorer or when you start Playback after opening MediaMonkey?
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

No offense sir, but what kind of idiot do you think I am? Do you think I would have reported this if the problem was from any other source than MM5?
The files are FLAC and they are not the problem. This happens with multiple files ripped at different times and ones that play in MM4. What happens is the will jump to a random position and the seek bar always goes back to zero. If it doesn't jump again it plays until the song is finished and starts the song next song at the beginning and the seek bar starts over again with it.
As for the files starting a split second late that is within the app. When clicking from file explorer it still defaults to MM4. I'm not sure which app in MM5 I'm supposed to highlight to change this to MM5. Until you guys get your stuff together I'm not sure I want to. Could having both versions of MM on my system be causing any issues?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you also tell us which build (Help > About) you're using?

MediaMonkey 4 and 5 being installed isn't an issue. You can set in Windows which App should be opened (search Default Apps in Settings (Control Panel).
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the skipping in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 This will hopefully allow the developers discover why this happens in your setup.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Re the occassional file skipping, I also cannot replicate, but wondering whether it couldn't be somehow related to bookmarking?

Can you check your settings in
Options > Player > Playback Rules
and ensure that the
'[..] Enable bookmarking'
checkbox is disabled?

It is enabled by default only for Podcasts and Audiobooks.
Try to temporarily disable it for all file types to rule out this as a cause.

Also your configuration of Options > Player > Audio Output (plugins)
could play a role, i.e. which ouput plugin you are using and which configuration (e.g. crossfading configuration, remove silence et the beginning etc.)

Thanks!