Analyze volume [#18140]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Ottle

Analyze volume [#18140]

Post by Ottle »

Hi All,

Just did an "analyze volume" with MM5. What also sometimes happened with MM4 is that the album volume is not analyzed. The track volume is working fine. In MM4 I would go to the album (Find more from same...) and do another analyses and then it would work. I tried the same in MM5, but nothing happened.

Yes, I did select all the tracks etc etc.

Is there a solution for this?

All the best,

Ottle
Lowlander

Re: Analyze volume

Post by Lowlander »

Ottle wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:41 amI tried the same in MM5, but nothing happened.
Did Find More from Same do nothing or the subsequent Analyze Volume do nothing? If the latter, are you in a Collection other than Entire Library when doing Analyze Volume on all the files on the Album.

Album Volume is only calculated when all files on the Album are selected for Volume Analysis: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ack_Volume

Which build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
Ottle

Post by Ottle »

"Find more from same" works, no problems there.

The problem is with Analyze volume. I'm in a configured collection (only flac files) and select all tracks of the album. Sometimes the album volume is not analyzed (happened also in MM4). I think it is because the same album is also in the entire collection in another format (mp3). In MM4 I would go the album (via Find more from same) and do another analyses and that would solve the problem. In MM5 this doesn't work.

No sure if it is linked, but today I went to the single album again and deleted the track volume, which is analyzed. In this process 2 application error messages came up.
1. Application throw an exception "Cannot read property 'newDataSource' of undefined"
after clicking ok
2. Application throw an exception Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'newDataSource' of undefined Script: file:///controls/editors.js

The messages are longer with a lot more info, but I have no idea how to attach/insert the message.

Mediamonkey build is 5.0.0.2338. Downloaded it from the website 2 days ago.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ottle wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:33 am. I think it is because the same album is also in the entire collection in another format (mp3).
Yes, this is a problem. You need to select all files on the Album (as seen by MediaMonkey). Thus any files with the same Album and Album Artist file need to be in the selection for Analyze Volume to calculate the Album Level.

Please try build 2422 to see if the errors still occur: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

We have received bugreports with this ...newDataSource... error, fix will be included in 5.0.2 builds.