Dragging rating Titles to play list v 5.0.1.2422

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pip_pill

Dragging rating Titles to play list v 5.0.1.2422

Post by pip_pill »

1 Awarded Rating to various Titles/tracks by multiple albums for same artist
2 Sorted list of Titles/tracks by rating
3 highlighted (mouse/Ctrl) top rated (4 & 5 stars) titles (30% of tracks) ready to drag to Manual play list
4 Attempt to drag to playlist
5 + indicator does not show 100% of the time/nor do titles get dropped into playlist - works correctly about 60% of the time
Attempt to redo action several times no recovery
Have to re start MM5 to get it to work again
Even after restart doesn't always work first time 5% of the time
Lowlander

Re: Dragging rating Titles to play list v 5.0.1.2422

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture the full run of MediaMonkey up to the moment this happens in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

Do note that the current version is 2427.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
I am unable to replicate,
how exactly you are performing the D&D action, could you catch it in a screencast video (e.g. sharing on YouTube)? This would be much more helpful than the debug log in cases like this.

Thanks!
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

I will try to do this but is "fails" so erratically that it may take hours of video.
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

Didn't capture what went wrong as it simply stopped working....again

Previous actions were:
1 With R.E.M. selected as artist (206 titles) having just awarded 20 titles with 4 or 5 stars (the rest already had them)

2 Sort R.E.M. titles (206 titles) in window by "Rating" and copy Ratings of 4&5 stars (49 files) Titles to a Manual playlist (this worked ok)

3 Then selected an/next artist ie R.I.O. and R.I.O. feat. U-Jean, listening to song, tried to drag playing song (highlighted) to the playlist and the + icon did not appear on dragging

4 Then took this recording showing that no matter of dragging or selecting worked

Each time restarting this starts to work ok for ...say an hour or 5 minutes and it happens again
https://youtu.be/p2aOiZqUivo
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

This is probably going to hit copyright protection!!!
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

I just noticed that that MM5 had added/downloaded some podcasts (2off) in the background (as when MM5 restarted it was analyzing the volume of them) - could it be possible that the auto update downloads are doing something to this feature!?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for sharing the video.

I am still unable to replicate, but I wonder:
1) Does the drag indicator (+) start appearing when you press F5 (to refresh) or it simply never appears again until you restart whole MM5 application?
2) Is it problem only when dragging the files to the Media tree nodes or the drag indicator does not appear also when you drag the files to the Playing panel or onto the Player ?
3) Is the drag operation failing or is it just that it visualy does not show the drag indicator, but the drag&drop operation succeeds?
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

After it "hung" again -
Just to clarify Im using Ctrl or Shift and left mouse button to highlight titles and left mouse button to drag

1) I tried the F5 (to refresh) - it reset the Column filters to the top.. after its still missing the (+) and does not re appear and does not drag/copy highlighted songs to the Manual playlist (or anywhere in any of the Nodes), its the same as the video.. everything else seems to work ie double click to play a song/highlighting single or many titles using Shift or Ctrl
Mouse left button will still select NODEs - different play lists and lists the contents/ Podcasts it list all the podcasts.
2 Will not drag anywhere, I don't normal use the actions you suggest but I tried them and none of them work FYI is a new mouse about 1 month old
3) The Drag operation is failing in its entirety nor dose it show the (+)

Re starting MM5....
On restart is working again...
One noticeable thing is that sometimes it is a little hesitant on first time use 1 second delay for the (+) to appear!
Sometimes when using it it takes two returns to what's being highlighted/dragged to get it to work 1-2 delay and works the second time for the (+) to appear!

It seems hesitant to bring up the (+) especially, if you try to highlight using the left mouse button ie to drag and highlight over the "Titles"
Sometimes if you don't move/drag the mouse immediately "left" away from the "Title" listing box it seems to get confused and stop.. I can get it to not bring up the(+) doing this but it comes back (dose not fail and stop working) repeating the exercise 2 second later the (+) will come back.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I am still trying, but I am still unable to trigger the bug :-/

I wonder whether there are some specific steps to trigger it (or whether it is somehow related e.g. to you multi-monitor environment?). Capturing a video showing how to trigger the bug would be very helpful here (although I understand that it is sometimes very tricky to find the specific steps -- especially if it is a timing issue etc.)
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

Just getting this down as a sequence of events - as it failed again....
(whilst using the column filter to select artists)
1 Artist "A" was selected (via double click left mouse button on artist in column filter) a single song listed under artist and song was playing - due to double click on artist
2 Changed the title of a song for artist A ( ie selected by long click in title field - pasted new title, Ctrl V - did not write tag by pressing enter... when straight to step 3 ),
3 Selected next artist "B" in the column filter (with double click of left mouse button) (single title listed) Title started playing
4 within 2 second went to add the title to the playlist by dragging to the manual play list - no (+) on drag
no actions show the (+) again
Restarting MM5
Further notes:
There is a delay in response from MM5 between between step 2 and 3 of some 2-4 seconds where it will not allow dragging (+) to pop up, sometime it recovers and shows the (+) again sometimes it does not come back (I'm assuming that its because its writing the tag to record and locked, my opinion is the record is not fully locked whilst writing and if you drag at a critical point within the 2 seconds it must disrupt the operation of writing locked record and it cannot recover
Still trying to capture the fault on video!
This is not the error but how its acting in using it in steps 1-4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv-Th2jaC0o