Highlighting Titles is chaotic LHT mouse/Ctrl

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pip_pill

Highlighting Titles is chaotic LHT mouse/Ctrl

Post by pip_pill »

When working in window listing of Titles trying to select a group of titles to highlight, utilizing the left mouse button and control The Highlight seems to jump up and down to select groups of tasks and not the ones attempting to be selected.
It would appear to select a batch of 10-20 titles from where the highlight was previously located or all of the titles from where it was previously located to the new highlight location
ie (say you where on titles beginning with N's and you go to C's the and attempt to highlight say down 10 C's - as far as I can tell, the highlight bounces back to N's and selects all the titles up to C's
Lowlander

Re: Highlighting Titles is chaotic LHT mouse/Ctrl

Post by Lowlander »

Which build (Help > About)?
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What node in the Media Tree and what View in the Filelisting are you using? It seems to work as expected for me.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

pip_pill wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:29 pm When working in window listing of Titles trying to select a group of titles to highlight, utilizing the left mouse button and control The Highlight seems to jump up and down to select groups of tasks and not the ones attempting to be selected.
It would appear to select a batch of 10-20 titles from where the highlight was previously located or all of the titles from where it was previously located to the new highlight location
ie (say you where on titles beginning with N's and you go to C's the and attempt to highlight say down 10 C's - as far as I can tell, the highlight bounces back to N's and selects all the titles up to C's
I cannot observe this problem either.

You still have this problem? Was it immediately after you installed MM5?
During the beta testing I noticed that MM5 list scrolling and track selection was flaky when MM5 was very busing running background tasks, ... eg. all the album and artist acquisition it does when it first imports new tracks. ... I haven't noticed this lately, but maybe there are still issues.

You could try toggling the Enable Smooth Scrolling option at Tools|Options|General|Performance. I have no evidence that this may help, but if the issue is still annoying you, it is worth a try.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

I will give it a try.. update... The Enable smooth scrolling is checked! I changed the Priority for background from Lower to Normal