Multiple tabs + close behavior [#17575]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Jaani

Multiple tabs + close behavior [#17575]

Post by Jaani »

As you can see some of the shown tabs are without x buttons, so it is not possible to close them at all. User has to close ones with the x button first to make some free space for other tabs.

Barry4679

Re: Multiple tabs and close button

Post by Barry4679 »

If you right click a tab, other the rightmost, there is a option for "Close Tabs to the right"
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Jaani

Post by Jaani »

Thanks Barry4679.

Is it normal that some ones are with x buttons some without?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I don't know if it is "normal", but I can replicate your issue if I create more than 12 tabs.
The tabs get so small, that they squeeze out the x boxes.
But I would hesitate to call it a bug, because the Chrome Browser does exactly the same thing.
But then the Chrome key is more elegant in this situation, because it has a mouse hover tool tip for each tiny tab to describe the tab's contents, and they also have control key shortcut keys to navigate to either end of the long list of squashed up tags. (ctrl+1 and ctrl+9)

Did you create that many tabs on purpose? They help you somehow?
I think that the issue is that the MM Devs were clearly not expecting a user to create that many tabs.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think showing tab content is preferred over showing the close button, especially as right click allows you to close the tab.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Also better handling of tabs is added in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17575
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts