Cannot find currently playing in the title listing - Show playing now

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

pip_pill

Cannot find currently playing in the title listing - Show playing now

Post by pip_pill »

Cannot find get back to "currently playing song" in the "Title" window listing

If I move out of the Title listing window (do do something else! ie view a playlist) and then go back clicking to the title listing window (which can have the whole library listed say 50,000 titles) the Title list returns to the top of the list of Titles

I may have the whole library to scan down to get back to the currently playing song..

I know that the the "previous view" button will "go back" but a "show playing now" I think would be useful or did I miss it
Lowlander

Re: Cannot find currently playing in the title listing - Show playing now

Post by Lowlander »

You can use a Hotkey to focus on the current playing files (Tools > Options > Hotkeys, and use General: Focus tracklist on currently playing item).
pip_pill

Post by pip_pill »

I used the hoy key as suggested - thanks for the solution.

I can quickly move to the title currently playing in the main window.

However, as a suggestion (and I have not thought this through fully ) if the "column filter" is in use it does not focus the column filters on to currently playing Artist Album Genre etc

for example - With 8000 Artists in the column filter it takes a while for scroll down to the end of the alphabetically listed artists that maybe currently playing and likewise with 200 genres and also if there are many albums for an artist

Just wondering if there is a way or requesting that the column filter could jump to currently playing in conjunction with the track currently playing?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, there is no method for that available.