[REQ] Syncing nested playlists & article sorting (iPod) [#5371 #18170]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

mavhas

[REQ] Syncing nested playlists & article sorting (iPod) [#5371 #18170]

Post by mavhas »

I have searched and experimented my head off, but dear people, I'm stuck!

While an avid PC user, for music I do (still) use my trusted iPod Classic, and plan to continue to do so for a long time to come yet. I have fairly recently switched to MediaMonkey on my PC in an attempt to (finally!) get rid of iTunes.

However, there are a few niggles I just can't get my head around, and any help or advice would really be appreciated!

1) No Playlist folder structure on iPod any more
While I am able to -like in iTunes- create Playlist folders in MediaMonkey , this nested structure won't actually sync to my iPod.
It just syncs all the playlists without any of the structure or hierarchy I created in MM.
It did/does in iTunes.

2) Article (the, a , le, la, das, ...) sorting for albums not copied over to iPod
Same principle: I can easily set this up in MediaMonkey proper...but it will not copy over to my iPod!
So now I have, for example, slew of albums under T, simply because the title starts with "The"...

I have gone through the forums with a fine toothcomb...and while I found a few references, these seem to be for older versions of MM, where the problem was never solved.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
Am I missing something? Doing something wrong?
Do I need some plug-ins/3rd party tools?
Is it even possible at all?

Any tips or suggestions would be immensely welcomed!

iPod: Classic 7th gen (modified by swapping the 160 GB HD for a 480 GB solid state disk).
MediaMonkey 5.0.0.2338
PC: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
iPod: Classic 7th gen (modified by swapping the 160 GB HD for a 480 GB solid state disk).
MediaMonkey 5.0.1.2433
Ludek

Re: [REQ] Syncing nested playlists & article sorting (iPod)

Post by Ludek »

Hi,

1) seeing this tracked https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5371 , but hasn't been implemented yet.
Setting target yo 5.1

2) I suppose that you mean this settings under Options > Fields:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4b7urwucq3ybb ... 2.png?dl=0
right?

Tracking as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18170

EDIT: Checking the code it seems that the sorting is already transfered for fields like artist, album artist, composer. But it is not transfered for album. To be fixed for 5.0.2
mavhas

Re: [REQ] Syncing nested playlists & article sorting (iPod)

Post by mavhas »

Ludek wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:29 am 1) seeing this tracked xxx/mantis/view.php?id=5371 , but hasn't been implemented yet.
Setting target yo 5.1
That is fantastic!
Sincerely, you probably have no idea how happy that makes me.

In fact, you have personally just convinced me to go "Gold". Once that is implemented MM wil be the one and only way to go for me.
2) I suppose that you mean this settings under Options > Fields:
xxx/s/4b7urwucq3ybbb7/Screenshot%202021-07-26%2016.26.42.png?dl=0
right?
Yes! Exactly!
EDIT: Checking the code it seems that the sorting is already transfered for fields like artist, album artist, composer. But it is not transfered for album. To be fixed for 5.0.2
I am absolutely bowled over by the speed, , interaction, proactivity and dedication of the developers.
I can quite honestly say I have never encountered anything quite like this in...um...ever!

Many thanks Ludek.
You guys are brilliant!
MediaMonkey 5.0.1.2433