Audio input switching after pausing.

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Ogham Soothsayer

Audio input switching after pausing.

Post by Ogham Soothsayer »

Premise.
I have set WASAPI output as dedicated to my Aurender DAC and its dedicated speakers setup.
This works fine until I pause a song.
upon pausing MM5 decides to default my setting back to my ASUS Essence and game speakers (on full volume).
I need to reset MediaMonkey each time.

Using current build .2433 on Windows 10.

Setup works perfect on MM4.
Peke

Re: Audio input switching after pausing.

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Does Aurender DAC have Power saving mode and did you set it up that Apps can take exclusive access.

MM5 unlike MM4 auto switch to next available sound card if one selected changed ID or it is not available for playback.

NOTE: In case of DACs I have found out that unless you extensively use DAW apps (they need latency as lower as possible) it is better to disable Allow apps to take exclusive access in in sound card settings in order to allow seamless background playback.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ogham Soothsayer

Post by Ogham Soothsayer »

Hello Peke.

That does solve the issue (I was trying to mimic my MM4 settings) and it did have Exlusive mode enabled.
Disabling Exclusive mode now allows me to pause a track and resume it without MM reverting to ASUS Essence card.
Much appreciated.
brosalesmichael

Post by brosalesmichael »

Thanks guys! I landed on this page to find solution to the same problem while playing the game. Mine was resolved by disabling the exclusive mode that was the root cause of the issue.
Peke

Post by Peke »

brosalesmichael wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:00 am Thanks guys! I landed on this page to find solution to the same problem while playing the game. Mine was resolved by disabling the exclusive mode that was the root cause of the issue.
That is same thing, but on App level (MM in this case). Thank you for update.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts