Version 0.2.1 is now ready!
Changes since 0.2.0:
- The tracklist now appears at the correct height, and it animates up smoothly.
- The camera now moves and the albums space farther apart when the view is super wide, so the illusion is never broken that the carousel appears "infinite."
- Fixed the carousel scrolling on laptop trackpads. (it caused a crash)
- When a playlist is opened, the tracklist now shows just the album's tracks that are within the playlist.
- It now updates if the playlist has updated.
- **And:** If you are using a beta build of MM 5.0.2, it will now request a maximum thumbnail size of 512px, instead of larger. This will improve performance when scrolling across the carousel, especially if you have album arts with high resolution. To enable this feature, after installing MM 5.0.2, simply open the addon settings (the gear in the top-right) and click OK to save. It'll automatically update the thumbnail settings! After you do this, the carousel may stutter slightly while MM loads and pre-caches the thumbnails for the first time. But after the thumbnails are cached, performance will be much smoother.
Download it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprqtRdX4zEjj5MH3QKRQ
- - -
Andre_H wrote: ↑Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:53 am
Short "kind of bug" report: If the playlist changes during playback, the cover and title display can become asynchronous.
Thank you for reporting that; fixed!
Andre_H wrote: ↑Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:06 am
What do you think of not placing the track list (optional) below but next to the cover list? Basically instead of the playlist.
That would possibly "distort" the entire view (or two parts then) of the window less.
Good idea, but I tried that, and it looks quite bad IMO. Lots of wasted space. http://files.drakinite.net/2021-09-20_21-14-15.mp4
If you feel differently, I could make it a setting?
IanRTaylorUK wrote: ↑Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:30 am
You may want to make the "xyz" Phrase Not Found a little more prominent?
The "xyz" Phrase Not Found toast message is the same as in a regular tracklist view; just being consistent. Personally, I'm more of a fan of the filtering-matches than of the scroll-to-match anyways.
As always, thank you both for your valuable feedback!
Now, I have an important question: Should the tracklist be opened by default, or should it be hidden by default? What're your thoughts?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast