(Question) Installing Addons

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Not_tech_savy

(Question) Installing Addons

Post by Not_tech_savy »

So I see in tools-options-manage addons there are several listed. Are those ready to go?
I also see the add button which takes me to program files, should I be adding those to program files and how?
I saw some of them you're supposed to move them somewhere to make them work, but if I download it and leave in download folder and open from there is it good to go?
Also specifically the lyrics source addon. In the options menu it says 1.0.0 but on website it says 1.0.1. is that a beta version of the addon or should I download that? then do I need to delete 1.0.0 version?

Finally not addon specific but it seems I'm always told everything is up to date yet if I check the forum I'm a few versions behind. I have check for beta's selected. Not super important just wondering if I set something up wrong.
Thanks
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
TIV73

Re: (Question) Installing Addons

Post by TIV73 »

The addons listed under Tools > Addons... are already installed. Mediamonkey ships with a couple of bundled addons by default, no need to activate anything.

Installing addons is pretty straightforward, no need to copy anything around, Mediamonkey does that for you. Go to the addons section, find an addon you want and click the download button. This will download an mmip file, which is a pre-packaged MediaMonkey addon. Once you downloaded the file, you can just double click it, and an mediamonkey installation window should pop up.
Alternatively you can also click the Add button you already found in the addons list and open the mmip file from there. Once the addon has been installed you can delete the mmip file.
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

btw, where did you find the lyrics sources addon (or any other of the built-in addons for that matter) online? I don't see them in the download list.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

TIV73 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:59 pm The addons listed under Tools > Addons... are already installed. Mediamonkey ships with a couple of bundled addons by default, no need to activate anything.

Installing addons is pretty straightforward, no need to copy anything around, Mediamonkey does that for you. Go to the addons section, find an addon you want and click the download button. This will download an mmip file, which is a pre-packaged MediaMonkey addon. Once you downloaded the file, you can just double click it, and an mediamonkey installation window should pop up.
Alternatively you can also click the Add button you already found in the addons list and open the mmip file from there. Once the addon has been installed you can delete the mmip file.
Thanks and the link Lowlander provided is the one I'm talking about. I see now that they are made from different people.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more