Adding CODEC Pack 3.0.5 to MMW5

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

plain

Adding CODEC Pack 3.0.5 to MMW5

Post by plain »

Right now I have both MMW4 and MMW5 running on W-7 x64. When I try to install the CODEC Pack 3.0.5 (figuring it will install to MMW5) it always pulls up MMW4 and gives me an error message. "Invalid Product Installation Package". How do I point the CODEC pack to MMW5?
Lowlander

Re: Adding CODEC Pack 3.0.5 to MMW5

Post by Lowlander »

You can install from Tools > Addons by using Add on the Addons window: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ing_Addons
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Also, this means that MM4 is configured to automatically open MMIPs. To change that, right click on the codec installer, hover over "Open with", and click Choose another app. Click on MediaMonkey 5, then check the checkbox saying "Always use this app to open .mmip files".
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
plain

Post by plain »

Okay Thanks for your help guys.
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

I purchased 3.0.5 when I purchased MM5 yet when I downloaded the codec it says it's a trial. WTF? So far I am extremely unhappy with MM5 and this is adding to the dissatisfaction.
Last edited by crawdad63 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you download it from the link that was provided at purchase? Only that link (which is time limited) provides the paid version of the MediaMonkey Codec Pack. The one found in Addons can be used to update a paid install of MediaMonkey Codec Pack, but without it's the trial version.

You can contact Support with your Order Number if you need a new download link: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/knowledge-base
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

That did the trick. Thanks
George Clinton
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

But you have a LONG LONG way to go to make this as great as MM 4
George Clinton
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So far it seems you've only commented on Burning missing. Feel free to discuss different feature requests in different forum topics (using existing ones if they already exist).