[REQ] MonkeyRok Addon

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

dypsis

[REQ] MonkeyRok Addon

Post by dypsis »

Let Me explain some of the functionality of MonkeyRok for those that don't know.

So, you're playing an album or even just a single track from the album.
Everything related to that playing track is available to you even if you are now browsing to another artist or album. You may want to play another track from that album or artist even though you are now browsing another artist in MediaMonkey. It's easily done with MonkeyRok.

Related information to that playing track or album that is readily available are things such as:
- Most played tracks by that artist.
- Albums or tracks by that artist.
- Tracks featuring that artist. (For example, that track may be on a Various Artists album).
- Rotating album art.
- Miscellaneous track information such as: Play Count, Last Played, Date Added, Track Type, Bitrate. In fact, whatever track information you want can be available.

That's just a brief explanation of the power and functionality of MonkeyRok that really improves the overall experience of listening to music. Give me functionality over pretty looks any day.

Example 1: In this example, Adele / Right As Rain is playing. Even though you are browsing for another album, at the top right, you have your rotating artwork which you can click on to view it in full size. But the ease of access to other information related to that song is where MonkeyRok shines.

As you can see, you always have present and visible access to most played tracks by the now playing artist. You can easily view all albums by that now playing artist and even view albums featuring that now playing artist. Date added, last played, file format and almost any record or track information you can think of can easily be added beside the artwork.

Example 2: Aerosmith / Pink is playing. You only have to click on the related information for the now playing artist to reveal it and select either play now, play next or play last.

And it is very configurable to suit the information you want to have readily accessible at all times.
This is one of three different MonkeyRok settings panels. The customization options are numerous.

There is a lot more that MonkeyRok can do that I rarely use and haven't displayed.
It's up to the users' taste how and what is configured and displayed.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: [Req] MonkeyRok Addon

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Dypsis,

Are you saying MonkeyRok 6.2 works with Media Monkey Windows 5?

I thought it was MMW4 only.
Ian Taylor
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:39 am Are you saying MonkeyRok 6.2 works with Media Monkey Windows 5?

No, it currently is MMW4 only. Those screenshots are from MMW4. I believe Dypsis was explaining how useful MonkeyRok is and why it's needed in v5. Honestly it is pretty convincing. Unfortunately you might have to wait a while for it; the author has mentioned that he is quite time constrained; but it is on my radar.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

drakinite wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:02 pm
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:39 am Are you saying MonkeyRok 6.2 works with Media Monkey Windows 5?

No, it currently is MMW4 only. Those screenshots are from MMW4. I believe Dypsis was explaining how useful MonkeyRok is and why it's needed in v5. Honestly it is pretty convincing. Unfortunately you might have to wait a while for it; the author has mentioned that he is quite time constrained; but it is on my radar.
Thanks for confirming Drakinite. Not a problem to wait a while for this as my "workflow(?)" uses both MMW4 and MMW5.
Ian Taylor
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

drakinite wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:02 pm

That's right, drakinite. I tried to explain some MonkeyRok features to highlight why it is needed.
And for some newer users who have never used MonkeyRok, introduce them to the usefulness and power of MonkeyRok.

I can't really leave MM4 behind until at least some of the MonkeyRok functionality is implemented into MM5.
It's just too damn good.