Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5 [READ FIRST POST]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Reto S.

Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5 [READ FIRST POST]

Post by Reto S. »

EDIT: With release of MM 5.0.4.2665+ there is now support for both MonkeyMote and MMRemote.

Hi Guys

I am a Fan of MM5 for Windows but sadly i can't find a proper solution to remote control it. With Version 4 and MMRemote Server / Control it wasn't a problem at all. I tried to use the same setup for MMW5 but wasn't succesful. I searched for other solutions and found a forum entry which said that you could remotecontrol it over web (the answer was from an official Mediamonkey developer in the year 2019) but if i try to do this i get an error "SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input" And Monkeyremote isn't ready for MMW5 either. Do you guys have a solution? Since i often walk around and still want to change songs this is a really important feature to me..

Thanks for your help!

Reto S.

EDITED BY ADMIN: Edited to point to solution(s).
TIV73

Re: Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5

Post by TIV73 »

Hi Reto S.,
have a look at the kb article on how to set up a dlna server with mediamonkey 5, that should walk you through the process. Once that's set up you should be able to access your local instance of mediamonkey with any dlna client. I don't think that mediamonkey natively publishes a web management interace, or at least I haven't found a setting to do so.
Reto S.

Post by Reto S. »

HI TIV73,
I tried a few apps to remote control MMW5 with bubble and NA Control but none of them seemed to establish a connection.. i activated both the server and the remote control button like mentioned in the guide, do you have a dnla control point app that works? And maybe a Guide how to use it?

My Setup: Win 10 MediaMonkey Client Version: 5.0.0.2338 -> Free Version
Android Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro ( Android 11), Tried Apps: BubbleUPnP, Na Remoe for UPnP/DLNA, Tried MediaMonkey Android (free Version) but didn't find Devices&Servers to see if i can find the Server the re. Also not listed in UPnP there..

Sidenote: I bought gold for android sometime ago but didn't need it since i could solve the remote of 4.x with mmremote. But it wouldn't bother me to buy pro versions or pc gold if that solves the problem...
Last edited by Reto S. on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I'm looking for a way to control MM5 from a web interface or from my Macbook over the network.
To start off with I just want to be able to create auto playlists without having to be at my W10 machine.
Dustydog

Post by Dustydog »

TeamViewer solves so many problems.

That said, do please put a nice remote option on your, I'm sure, extensive to do list. Too many competing players have one already, at least via Android.
Last edited by Dustydog on Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
The idea of MM5 and switching to Chromium UI opened a lot for us. Even that you can use http://<IP ADDRESS OF MM5 PC>:<PORT OF SYNC SERVER> and you will get MM5 UI in browser.

NOTE: It is Still very very rough and have lower priority than Main MM UI and Native MAC version, but it is on To-Do.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Reto S.

Post by Reto S. »

Sooo.... there is no real solution or approved DLNA control point @Peke? :(
Last edited by Reto S. on Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried contacting the MonkeyMote developer to see if they can make their App compatible with MediaMonkey 5?
Reto S.

Post by Reto S. »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:05 am Have you tried contacting the MonkeyMote developer to see if they can make their App compatible with MediaMonkey 5?
Hey, they are working on it but it isn't ready now, but i would also prefer a permanent solution (even if that means that i have to go back to version 4 of mm)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Maybe the user MyVikes works on a remote control app (as I have added remoteControl sample script for his purposes/needs), details at viewtopic.php?p=482659#p482659
Reto S.

Post by Reto S. »

Ludek wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:10 am Maybe the user MyVikes works on a remote control app (as I have added remoteControl sample script for his purposes/needs), details at viewtopic.php?p=482659#p482659
But if i get this right there isn't any solution running atm, correct?
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

Reto S. wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:14 am Hey, they are working on it but it isn't ready now, but i would also prefer a permanent solution (even if that means that i have to go back to version 4 of mm)
That would be good news, are you sure? Because back in April he wasn't too sure about it at all.
Also, mmremote was planning to for quite some time, but it's status seems unclear, too.
I guess it's done when it's done :lol:

Full remote vs dlna is important to me, too, because you can't rate or add to playlists with dlna.
I'm sure it will all come with mma2 :D

BTW: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=94382
Claude
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Reto S. wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:38 am But if i get this right there isn't any solution running atm, correct?
Correct; There are multiple things being worked on, but no fully-finished/polished solutions are ready yet to my knowledge.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Dancer

Post by Dancer »

I'm using Unified Remote Server - https://www.unifiedremote.com - to control Desktop programs with Android.
At least there you find general media control buttons.
MMW 5.0.4.2690 beta Gold on WIN 10-64Bit Vers. 22H2
MMA 2.0.0.1080 Pro on Android 12
Vivaldi browser
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Dancer wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:47 am I'm using Unified Remote Server - https://www.unifiedremote.com - to control Desktop programs with Android.
At least there you find general media control buttons.
I see; does it work properly for MediaMonkey 5?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.