synching is going both ways and it shouldn't be

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

smellhole

synching is going both ways and it shouldn't be

Post by smellhole »

Yep, that's pretty much it. I have it set so it doesn't sync from device to PC, but it wants to do it anyway. When I do a sync it wants to know if it should update the PC from stuff on the device. Why is it doing that?
::: Smellhole
::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.
Lowlander

Re: synching is going both ways and it shouldn't be

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey and what devices are you syncing? What exactly is being attempted to be Synced back to the PC? Is it metadata or are files/playlists being Synced back?

Settings that control this: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Library.29
smellhole

Post by smellhole »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:18 pm Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey and what devices are you syncing? What exactly is being attempted to be Synced back to the PC? Is it metadata or are files/playlists being Synced back?

Settings that control this: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Library.29
Hallo!

MediaMonkey 5.0.1.2433 --> Samsung SM-N986U - SD Card

music, classical music, audiobooks, playlists

I connect my phone to my PC via USB and then in MM5 I click the Sync Now button. It does its thing and then asks to confirm updates in both directions (ie, syncing stuff from the device to the PC), which it's configured not to do. I only see one option for syncing from device to PC and it's turned off.
::: Smellhole
::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you attach a screenshot showing sync settings as well as MediaMonkey informing you Sync with sync from device to PC: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97733
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:20 pm Can you attach a screenshot showing sync settings as well as MediaMonkey informing you Sync with sync from device to PC: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97733

I thought this was reported a bit ago. I can post screenshots if needed. Sync list - device to library and sync profile - file locations - other locations to scan for reset to default anytime you sync or exit that node. It doesn't matter if folder is unchecked or deleted it pops back up and is checked every time I come back to it
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Are you sure that you unchecked [ ] Auto-sync playlists and new files from the device to the PC on this page:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Library.29
for the correct device profile?

As for the folders going to defaults after clearing, this has been already fixed in the latest 5.0.2 builds