truncated dropdown menus

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

James Lynch

truncated dropdown menus

Post by James Lynch »

I just upgraded to v5. The font in all pull down menus is too large, truncating the contents, and there are no slider controls, either. This is a show stopper for me.
Lowlander

Re: truncated dropdown menus

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 and Windows version are you using? Have you set a custom DPI or text size in the Windows settings?
notumeusee

Post by notumeusee »

I have the same problem. I am using Win 10 with all display settings on recommend and fonts at 100%. Using MM 5.0.1.2341
If I change resolution or font size MM is not affected. Surely we can't be the only two with this problem. And yes I just called you Shirley.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

notumeusee wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:03 pm And yes I just called you Shirley.
"Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee."

You are running a pre-release version of MM5.
Try this version

I don't know whether it helps, but it will help you get support attention.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

notumeusee wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:03 pmI have the same problem. I am using Win 10 with all display settings on recommend and fonts at 100%.
Are you saying that the problem exhibits itself at default font/DPI settings?
notumeusee wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:03 pmIf I change resolution or font size MM is not affected.
Do you mean that size in MediaMonkey doesn't change along with Windows font/DPI settings or that the truncation persists?
noisebeam

Post by noisebeam »

It would be great to have ability to change font size like in the MM4 option under skins. I have my Win10 scaling set so it is perfect for all my other applications, but find it hard to read the text in MM5.
notumeusee

Post by notumeusee »

I mean that changing the resolution nor the font size has any bearing on the pull down menus, they are truncating no matter what I adjust. The overall size and resolution is correct in MM it is only the pull down menus that have the problem and can not be adjusted. I have also applied other skins to see if that would fix the problem but it has not.
Darkmp3

Post by Darkmp3 »

I'm another who finds the font size too big in MM5. In both the artist list and the now playing list there are far fewer entries displayed compared with MM4 and the now playing list just looks really cluttered in general compared to MM4.

The font size in my MM4 looks to be around 10 or 11 point at my resolution and MM5 looks to be three or 4 points higher.
Fryguy

Post by Fryguy »

I also agree that the font size is way too large. I can only display about half of the information that I had in MM4. It also looks very cluttered to me in contrast to the MM4. Any ability to change the font size back is appreciated.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

This font size issue was also the first thing I noticed when I first intalled V5.1 and now still in 5.2.2508

Just wanting to add my name to the list who would like the old font sizing back, or option to adjust as desired.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Try a different skin. This one is the one mentioned in my sig line. Not my work btw.
I have crappy eyesight, but the font used here is good, and seems to pack 25% more than the default skin.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.