Poor Audio on Video files (MP4) [#18304 #18309 #18561]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Roxie2401

Re: Poor Audio on Video files (MP4) [#18304]

Post by Roxie2401 »

Hi --- Still hoping you were able to forward my "test" results and add it to your ticket #1804.

Its just really annoying to have to re-sort the video grid each time I open MM 5 and it looks like such a simple fix that the "A to Z" sort on the grid is just not being saved once its set. And yet, the "A to Z" and other sorting for the list is saved on exit.

I just don't know how to get this information added to the ticket.

barrym made a comment on the ticket #0018304 suggesting "Manage Views" and he is correct, if the sort would stay set on exit.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you seeing this with the latest build of 5.0.2: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Roxie2401

Post by Roxie2401 »

Still doesn't work. Loaded 5.0.2.2519 and the Video Grid still does not save the sort order.

Example: Select Music/Albums/ View/Main Panel View/Manager Views/Gird(by Album)/Configure: Music>Album and set sort order to Date (for example) and click OK to close the configuration box and OK to exit Manage Views -- the grid is correctly sorted. Close MM5 and reopen --- the Music/Albums are still sorted by date and can be confirmed by going to Manage Views/Grid and the sort order is still set to Date, as it should be.

However, Select Video/All Videos/View/Main Panel View/Manage Views/Gird(Videos)/Configure View:Video and set the sort order to Length (for example) and click OK to close and OK to exit Manage Views---- the grid is correctly sorted by the setting "Length." Closed MM5 and reopen and select Video/All Videos and it is no longer sorted by Length. Go to Manage Views/Grid(Videos) and the sort order is now blank --- the sort order did not stay saved like it does for the Music Albums sort. The Grid sort does not remain for Video ---- but the List sort and List (Series) does stay set.

If is so frustrating to have to reset the Video grid sort order each time MM5 is opened.

Since it looks like 5.0.2 is still in beta release maybe they still have time to actually fix this sort issue before the formal release.
Roxie2401

Post by Roxie2401 »

Just looked at the Target Fix and it is shown as 5.0.3 so I don't think 5.0.2 contains the fix yet. Was it supposed to be fixed in 2?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Roxie2401

Video Grid Sorting is lost!

Post by Roxie2401 »

Hi - Really disappointed. This issue was reported in November of 2021 and actually assigned a ticket #018561 and was scheduled for being fixed in MM 5.03.

It was not --- When setting the sort order for the All Videos Grid --- it works until MM is closed and reopened and then the sort is back to some default. This is very annoying, especially if all the user wants is to sort the video grid by title A-Z.

This should not be very complicated ---- the Album sort (View/Main Panel/Manage Views/Grid(by Album) and select any sort option (Title, Length, etc), click OK, and the Grid is sorted ------ closing and opening MM5 and that sort is remembered.

But ---- the Video sort or All Videos (View/Main Panel/Manage Views (Grid(Videos) and select any sort, i.e. "Title A-Z", click OK and the Grid is sorted ----- closing and opening MM5 the next time, that sort is not retained.

Should be a simple fix ---- just make the Grid sort for Videos use the same/similar logic that Album Sort uses.

I have waited and waited for version 5.03 since that was where ticket #18561 was shown to be fixed ----- I just don't want to have to resort the Video files every time I open MM5.

See https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18561

Not only was it not fixed in version 5.03 but that bug is no longer even in the list = 18561.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary 0018561: Videos Grid (by Videos) doesn't remember sort

Description Grid (by Videos) requires setting sort using Manage Views and when setting a sort order this sort order is removed on next start of MediaMonkey.

Steps To Reproduce 1 Go to Videos > All videos
2 Set View to Grid (by Videos)
3 Use Manage Views
4 Edit Grid (by Videos)
5 Set sort to Length
6 Close out dialogs
--> Sorting is as expected
7 Restart MediaMonkey
8 Sorting is lost

Additional Information https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 06#p490406

NOTE: I changed the title of this thread since it originally was about poor audio on Video files. Wonder if that ever got looked at?
Lowlander

Re: Poor Audio on Video files (MP4) [#18304 #18309 #18561]

Post by Lowlander »

There are 3 bugs identified in this thread. 2 of them are currently set for 5.0.4 and 1 for 5.1.
Roxie2401

Re: Poor Audio on Video files (MP4) [#18304 #18309 #18561]

Post by Roxie2401 »

When I looked at the list, #18561 was no longer shown anywhere --- the number skipped - but I guess I was looking in the 5.03 list where it was originally assigned in April of last year. And apparently is was moved. And when I just looked for it, it is now Target 5.1 Sorry. https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18561

So it looks like when we first worked on this it was 5.02 then 5.03 and now 5.1.......................

It just looks so simple ---- when clicking "OK" after setting a sort order, the next step seems to be "Save" is not happening for Videos but it is for Albums. Got to be just adding the save function when clicking OK.

Thanks