Look up lyrics on multiple files

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

turboG

Look up lyrics on multiple files

Post by turboG »

Does MMW5 have the ability to look up lyrics on multiple files at the same time like MM4?
Zonky

Re: Look up lyrics on multiple files

Post by Zonky »

Obviously not viewtopic.php?f=33&t=99256.
Maybe in future? Who knows :o
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:35 am Yes, Auto-Tag can do this: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ternet/5.0
But only when clicking one file after another and not while selecting, let's say 40 tracks, and do auto-tag, right?

Selecting a single file and waiting for the lyrics search to finish before continuing with the next track is a time consuming job when about 100 tracks are w/o any lyrics, you know :wink:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, Auto-Tag can do this on any selection, then within Auto-Tag it runs on batches of 100 files (Gold)/20 files (free).
turboG

Post by turboG »

I'm a new gold user. Auto tag has numerous issues. The biggest issue is it attempts to update OTHER tag info. I ONLY want lyrics but I have to display the Title to to get the check box and the ability to find the old value is unwieldy (especially where the album is concerned. There could be many many to choose from. The old value should be at the top or bolded). I also don't want changes to track numbers (I like a 2 digit display, auto-tag changes them to single digit). You need an option to accept/reject changes for an entire column. In short, auto-tag needs much work.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This has been fixed in the latest build: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d. You no longer need Title enabled to be able to select files to be auto-tagged.
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Auto tag can be a bit buggy. But go to tools - options in auto tag remove all but lyrics. (I updated my library and db tags so they all match. It doesn't seem to tag things I deselect) Go back then select all you want to find lyrics for in that menu re add artist, title, etc coloums to make sure they don't get changed. Let it do its thing. If changes something like adds a bunch of featured artists, shift highlight and change it back in properties - after its done searching.

- I've noticed sometimes if you click on white lyrics and scroll a bit they turn blue and say conflict object object changed to ...(whatever the lyrics happen to be. Idk if that changes anything.)
-Always check titles if it changes those. If you get a wrong one sometimes lookup via fingerprint will correct all of the changes it made or just change back to old value.
- I agree old value should be at top, or highlighted in red.
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more