High memory use in Playing

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Pietercape

Re: High memory use in Playing

Post by Pietercape »

Hi Peke,
And there I thought all my issues have been resolved. In Playing mode (Random play from 4.8k track source) today I wanted to play a specific album from the same source. I stopped Playing, opened the Tree, found the album, selected the track I wanted to play, Clicked "Play now" and MM just froze. I tried other tracks in the album, MM scrolled through the tracks. It clearly could not find the tracks in the DB. I checked the DB, it is there. I opened Foobar, selected the track and it played instantly.

This takes me back to my earlier question. Is MM5 to much of a heavyweight for smaller players even in bare bones state?

You asked that I open a ticket. I have searched for information in the knowledgebase and the forum but so far I only know that you need a special program to create a log. That is the starting point I guess, what I need is some indication of how it works. As the event I am trying to log happens randomly, for how long can the log run. Is it resource heavy?
Lifetime Gold - User for 18 years
Library 23k tracks
Peke

Re: High memory use in Playing

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Just open blank Ticket with reference to this Topic and we will pick it up from there.

Note in Ticket that I asked you to create it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts