Playlist

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

AnnieBody

Playlist

Post by AnnieBody »

Hi
Completely new to MediaMonkey and need some initial help.
I have used other apps that allow me to use a Playlist view that I can just drag files onto to play.
MediaMonkey appears to use a 'Playing' tab instead that loads all of the files from my selected folder so instead of just getting the one track played it wants to play all 630 tracks!
I have found I can create a new playlist then view it, but this renders the 'Playing' view obsolete.
Is there a way to change the default to not display 'Playing' and instead always display 'Playlist' even if it is blank to start?
Can this playlist then be cleared at Start?
Regards and thanks
Lowlander

Re: Playlist

Post by Lowlander »

You can drag the files you wish onto the Playing.

You can also set the Default 'Play now' action to Play selected files only: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... k_Settings
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

Thanks for the reply.
I don't want to drag more files onto Playing as it is already full!
Followed your advice, but the listing doesn't act like a playlist.
If I add one track then the play/pause button doesn't do anything with the track: it remains at 00:00. You have to double click the track to start it and invoke the play/pause action.
If I ad two tracks then only two are listed: great!
If I then play track 1 then select the next track button, track 1 disappears from the list and acts as above for a single track.
After playing track 1 it disappears from the list.
This doesn't appear to act like an active playlist, but I can live with it the quirks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to check the settings under Tools > Options > Auto-DJ / Playing list. It has a setting to remove played files you may have changed from all: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... uto-DJ/5.0
AnnieBody

Post by AnnieBody »

Changed the setting as advised and it now retains the track list.