Same file path on different PCs - monitoring tracks fails.

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Andre_H

Same file path on different PCs - monitoring tracks fails.

Post by Andre_H »

Hi there,

i run MMW portable .2507 on 2 PCs to check the same local path "D:\MP3\" there for tracks to tag and move them to my library path, there are 2 little bugs to look into:

- the interface menu shows only one path "D:\MP3\" to monitor, and i can't see "which one" it points to.
- import and automatic deletion of tracks seems to fail for those tracks on the "wrong" machine in the moment (MM does not delete, although a right click on the affected tracks shows the info "Path not available").

Guess thats because of the internal use of the Disc ID, maybe you should add that Disc ID there to show (and separate identical) paths from another.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Lowlander

Re: Same file path on different PCs - monitoring tracks fails.

Post by Lowlander »

1) This always local, so it points to the machine's D drive you're running MediaMonkey on.
2) MediaMonkey does not remove files from unavailable drives (as this may be temporarily). If enabled it will only will offer to remove/locate files not found on available drives.

You can fix the drive from within MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... sign_Drive
Andre_H

Re: Same file path on different PCs - monitoring tracks fails.

Post by Andre_H »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:08 am 1) This always local, so it points to the machine's D drive you're running MediaMonkey on.
will test it again, but pretty sure that even import of new tracks fails until i delete and add the same path again (after switching the machine), and THEN it points to the machine i'm on.
Lowlander wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:08 am 2) MediaMonkey does not remove files from unavailable drives (as this may be temporarily). If enabled it will only will offer to remove/locate files not found on available drives.
I had understood the "delete undetectable" function differently, but it makes sense that way.

Then I have to keep the portable version clean manually. No game breaker.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView