Extended Tags, Encoder, Comments

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Not_tech_savy

Extended Tags, Encoder, Comments

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Just curious about what kind of info should be included in Extended Tags, Encoder, Comments?

I have good chunk of music from the ole LimeWire days, but I also have ripped CDs and paid for downloads, not entirely sure which is which. Can deleting the info from those fields cause problems?
I had a song where the encoder or ext. tag said lame.exe -b320, exe means program right? would that open something or make the file appear to be a higher quality then it is?

I have several songs with long strings of text in comments. this is from a Whitechapel song, 00000000 00000210 00000834 0000000000AFE63C 00000000 009F7469 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 Does that mean something?
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
Peke

Re: Extended Tags, Encoder, Comments

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Usually custom comment tags are related to information written by some app for its uses. I can't remember exact name, but there was some MM4 plugins (Auto Rate Accurate I think) that written soch info, also many DJ tools use such tags to set specific info read/used only by that app.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Peke wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:28 pm Hi,
Usually custom comment tags are related to information written by some app for its uses. I can't remember exact name, but there was some MM4 plugins (Auto Rate Accurate I think) that written soch info, also many DJ tools use such tags to set specific info read/used only by that app.
Thank you.
So the extended tags wouldn't affect MM then? and just to make sure, the ones like lame.exe -b320 are just read only it can't cause something to happen? (I don't think it did, just looking to learn)
I already deleted the non paid for fields, but I was wondering would auto tag try to glean info from extended tags?
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
To give you more details I would need sample track to check tags, "lame.exe -b320" should point that file is created as MP3 CBR 320kbps.

If you can upload one file and send DL link to me in PM or here I can analyze and see what tags you refer to.

Also screenshots here would help too.

See my signature on how to add them into forum reply.
Best regards,
Peke
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Peke wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:00 pm Hi,
To give you more details I would need sample track to check tags, "lame.exe -b320" should point that file is created as MP3 CBR 320kbps.

If you can upload one file and send DL link to me in PM or here I can analyze and see what tags you refer to.

Also screenshots here would help too.

See my signature on how to add them into forum reply.
Again thanks for the answer. I deleted all info in those fields already (If it won't break anything I'd rather clear it)
-If you're personally curious, I could screenshot off my back up for you? (LimeWire :o )
It's mostly old school torrent sites and trash talking. Just wasn't sure if the other stuff is important.

Been paying for music for awhile now and I believe the plague has been purged, but never know if a trooper is in there waiting for me to drop my guard lol
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

I always got into the habit of running any aquired new music through MP3tag to delete any extended tags before it was transferred into MM.
Peke

Post by Peke »

AlanH wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:19 am I always got into the habit of running any aquired new music through MP3tag to delete any extended tags before it was transferred into MM.
MM5 also have support for extended tags in track properties dialog so you can use it to check.
Best regards,
Peke